Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Fuel Gauge Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefUnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Gauge Question
    Posted: 22áJulá2016 at 5:31pm
Hi, 

Got a question about the fuel gauge. Ever since i've had the car, i'm not convinced i've been able to get in a full tank. 

1) When i fill it up to the brim, so that the pump handle keeps clipping when i try and squeeze in more, the last bar on the fuel gauge at the top is still not lit - so as if one bar down from full (unless it never lights up? but that would not make sense)
2) When i had the car showing only 60km range in the tank, i filled up and could not get more than 51.9 litres in. 

Is there air or something in my tank? Does that last bar on the circular display ever light up? 

Also, once and only once, i was on a long trip and saw my reserve light come on, with 131 on the range remaining. 20 km later it was all suddenly flashing empty and not showing range? Fluke? Hasn't done it since.

All info welcome! :-) 
2010 Pre-Facelift Qashqai +2 2.0dCI 4x4 Tekna

Spritmonitor.de
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJulá2016 at 6:38pm
When "full" never shows - maybe the transducer within the tank is misaligned...

The displayed "remaining range" is only an educated guess at best... don't trust it.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
DefUnct View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefUnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áJulá2016 at 9:39am
Thanks, so if i wanted to look into that it's a rear seat cushion out job and take out the fuel level sensor? I seem to remember some lock ring wrench beeing necessary for that - which i don't have.

Also, i know how to remove rear cushions on the normal QQ - just pull - how does i remove them on my QQ+2?? Pulling does not seem to work.
2010 Pre-Facelift Qashqai +2 2.0dCI 4x4 Tekna

Spritmonitor.de
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic