UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

fuel pump problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel pump problem
    Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 2:43pm
Hi everyone, I have a QQ 1.5 dci n-tec 2011 model and have just had a fuel pump problem diagnosed by a green flag mechanic. Car wouldn't start this morning, turned over but never fired. Green flag have been out to it and reckon the fuel pump has gone.

They said it looks like it has been on its way out for a while due to the amount of residue that had been deposited on the fuel pump itself and on areas below the pump. Problem is the warranty is no longer valid as its done 62094 miles.

Has anyone else experienced fuel pump problems on a QQ just after the warranty has expired? If so, what have your local Nissan dealers response been to this? I would have thought a fuel pump would be fit for much longer than 60000 miles?

Also what cost would I be expected to pay if Nissan arent prepared to cover any cost associated with this. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 5:14pm
Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : Club Rules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities. 
By contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you.  If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance.  If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information.  Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process.  We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested.  Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club.  With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here..
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by abrewer abrewer wrote:

Hi everyone, I have a QQ 1.5 dci n-tec 2011 model and have just had a fuel pump problem diagnosed by a green flag mechanic. Car wouldn't start this morning, turned over but never fired. Green flag have been out to it and reckon the fuel pump has gone.

They said it looks like it has been on its way out for a while due to the amount of residue that had been deposited on the fuel pump itself and on areas below the pump. Problem is the warranty is no longer valid as its done 62094 miles.

Has anyone else experienced fuel pump problems on a QQ just after the warranty has expired? If so, what have your local Nissan dealers response been to this? I would have thought a fuel pump would be fit for much longer than 60000 miles?

Also what cost would I be expected to pay if Nissan arent prepared to cover any cost associated with this. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Has the car got full Nissan dealer service history,if it has I would speak to your dealer first,they may be able to submit a goodwill warranty claim,you may have to pay something towards the repair but worth a try.
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 7:48pm
I agree with above, if as green flag "reckon" it's been building up then it should have been noticed before now.

Negotiate a shared responsibility and see how you get on.

Let us know.
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
abrewer View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abrewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 8:21pm
Thanks for your replies Balithbe and Pr07het.

I will be giving my local Nissan dealer a call tomorrow and will let you know the outcome.

I do have a full service history and my QQ has been serviced at the correct mileage intervals but it's not a Nissan dealer service. It been done at my local independent garage. Last service was done at the end of October when it had done just over 56500 miles.

However it has been to the main dealer twice, once to replace a split fuel pipe (which was replaced under warranty) and more recently in December to replace the n/s front brake caliper. Not the same as a service history but we'll see what they say tomorrow.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic