UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Fuel Pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaysilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Pump
    Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:11pm
I own a Qashqai Acenta 2007 model 1.6 and I have only done 36,500 miles and the fuel pump has failed! The car started one day and within about 5-10 secs just died and would turn over but not fire. If you pulled the main wire out from the fuel pump and hit the top of the fuel pump it would start!! so Nissan at Kidlington Oxford are now having to wait for up to three and half weeks as there are no fuel pumps available how bad is that and apparantly the fuel pump does not fail! So be careful.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 12:26pm
Hello and welcome tj. That's the first time i have heard of the fuel pump failing on a Qashqai Ermm
What will you do in the meantime?
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 1:06pm
welcome tj
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 2:52pm
Welcome to the forum tjaysilver
tjaysilver View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaysilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 9:42am
Nice looking Qashqai you have there, I love mine but lost a bit of confidence in it right now just hope the fuel is the real problem.
tjaysilver View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjaysilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 3:14pm
Well fortunately the Fuel pump for my Qashqai came alot quicker than expected and I now have my car back minus £256 plus the £115 I had to pay as they thought it might of been an earth wire! Si fingers crossed for trouble free motoring for a bit longer.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 3:21pm
Pity it was out of warranty tj but at least it is fixed nowThumbs Up. Rather expensive to get it sorted thoughErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic