UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Full size spare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camo304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full size spare
    Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:13am
Been putting a full size spare together since getting the QQ, so off to B&Q this morning form some insulation foam sheets. Not the best looking job but it does it;s job well happy.Big smile

QQ 2012 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Black
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:28am
Looks good, just paint it with some black rubberised stuff.

Dam site better than carting a tin of useless gunk around

What am I on about... You have carpet to cover it right !

Edited by Tiffany - 13 Jun 2015 at 11:30am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:24pm
Thanks Camo304. Why didn't I think of that. Changed my spare to a full sized wheel & tyre ages ago and then packed out the sides with a couple of sheets until I could get something better. Never thought of insulation foam sheets doh.
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
camo304 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camo304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by vic21 vic21 wrote:

Thanks Camo304. Why didn't I think of that. Changed my spare to a full sized wheel & tyre ages ago and then packed out the sides with a couple of sheets until I could get something better. Never thought of insulation foam sheets doh.

Put the carpet back down and you would never know, the foam brings it up just about bang on.
QQ_Owner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQ_Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2015 at 11:42pm
Hi. That's a 18" steel rim there? If so what other measurements was it and where did you get it from. The manual that came with mine only gives dimensions for 16" (16 x 4T) and 17" (17 x 4T) steels wheels. Not sure why they don't specify an 18" steel. Presuming it would be 40mm offset like the alloys. I'm wanting to put a full size one in and don't want to have a £100+ alloy rim sat in the boot.

Thanks,
camo304 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camo304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by QQ_Owner QQ_Owner wrote:

Hi. That's a 18" steel rim there? If so what other measurements was it and where did you get it from. The manual that came with mine only gives dimensions for 16" (16 x 4T) and 17" (17 x 4T) steels wheels. Not sure why they don't specify an 18" steel. Presuming it would be 40mm offset like the alloys. I'm wanting to put a full size one in and don't want to have a £100+ alloy rim sat in the boot.

Thanks,

It is a full size DC-Alloy not a steel rim. All parts from E**Y and B&QWink
camo304 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camo304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:46am
Full size spare with conti tyre & jack for sale + boot-liner pickup only.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic