Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Gear knob paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedronev85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gear knob paint
    Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 2:09pm
Right.. when I purchased the +2 the inner door grabs were badly worn (silver strip) which wasn't too much of an issue as I've managed to wrap them to look good as new but the gear knob is the same, a lot of the silver coating has worn off... Just wondered if anyone knew of anything I could use to take it all off without causing damage... I was gonna wrap it as well but thought it might look better if I could just get the silver paint off... would something like white spirit do it?

Thanks
Pedronev85 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedronev85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 2:15pm
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 2:45pm
Personally I would:
Just remove the knob and re-spray
Get a new one
Get a "breakers" one
Change it for a cue ball!

The reason it comes of by the way is alcohol in your skin due to soaps (not booze :) ) try some simple soap (Please send commissions my way!)

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Pedronev85 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedronev85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2017 at 3:09pm
Thanks for your reply, hopefully it's not booze that's stained on my hands lol... May try the brokers for a new one was just looking for a simpler idea than having to remove/ replace it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic