UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 1.6i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

gearbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gearbox
    Posted: 13áNová2011 at 11:27am
does anyone have a whine from their transmition in 3rd 4th and 5th gear, I am told by the main dealer and Nissan that this a characteristic of the QQ transmition. I have only ever driven one other and it did not have this, I have asked to do a comparrison test on another QQ but have been declined by the main dealer, can anyone help me. tommy
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 1:00pm
mine doesnt whine ???
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 1:24pm
Nor does mine
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 2:01pm
Nor does mine... if it did I wouldn't be pleased.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 2:04pm
Which engine have you got?

Mine doesn't whine as such, but the engine note can sound a bit that way in the case of the 1.6 Petrol.
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 2:43pm
Mine doesn't whine, but it does drip occasionally.  I just tell it to pull itself together and get on with it! LOL
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 3:00pm
as above , you need to be specific on the engine you have as there are different boxes for different engines , my 6 speed coupled to the 1.5dci is fine with 2000 miles on it ......
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2011 at 3:02pm
I Just looked in tommy's profile.... looks like he has a 208 1.6 petrol visia

Edited by Tiffany - 13áNová2011 at 3:03pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2011 at 1:56pm
Thank you everyone for your feed back, I have a 2008 QQ visia 1.6, when I bought it, it had 22000 miles on it. I had it only a matter of months when I went back with the transmission being noisy. It had the box overhauld, and since then has had 2 new gearbox's. The Nissan field engineer confirms the noise is from the box as does an independant engineer. All tell me the transmission noise is common to the QQ, but as I have said I have only driven 1 other and it was nice and quiet. This why i am asking for your imput, and thank you for each of your imputs, it gives me some insightas to what to expect. tommy
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2011 at 2:31pm
how loud would you say this 'whine' is ? ...
Ink Blue 2016 Tekna 1.5dci , loving it
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2011 at 5:24pm
I call "Bullshot!"....
Hodge View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2011 at 6:45pm
Mine doesn't whine - only the wife!Confused
1982 Cherry Coupe, 1983 Sunny Coupe, 1992 Sunny SR, 1998 Almera SRi, 2000 Almera GTi, 2000 Primera Sport+, 2011 Tekna+2 & a crap 2006 Mondeo, in between!
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJulá2015 at 10:28am
Mine does the same noticeable on 2nd. And 3rd seems only the petrol 1.6 5 speed box.
Nissan main dealer came out with me and said some of them are like this, as mine has only
Done 10k miles still under warranty he suggested give it 12 months and if it gets any worse
Will look at it again.
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJulá2015 at 2:14pm
I have changed my QQ it is still the 1.6 But is the Accenta with 5 speed box, and this one is quite. When Nissan stripped the gearbox the bearing tracks were turning in the gearbox case. The noise was still there after the overhaul so Nissan fitted 2 new gearboxes with in 6 months, I had the Nissan field engineer look at it and admitted that there was a noise in 3rd 4th and top gear even in the new boxes , so gave me a 1 year Nissan warranty, and an independent engineer confirmed this, at the end of the free warranty I took out another years warranty. The last straw was just before I got rid of it, there was a reverse idle chatter, there was still 6 months warranty left. I just had enough of it, but got a good deal when I bought the QQ I now have, it is like night and day when driving, I now enjoy my QQ again. Nissan will keep telling you that the noise you have is normal but the experience I have had I would not settle for that as I can now refer to the QQ I now have and enjoy driving. Hope this helps. Tommy
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJulá2015 at 3:00pm
Thanks tommy very helpful - was your whine constant or just occasional ?
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJulá2015 at 3:26pm
I could bring in the whine under load and take out the whine by easing back on the load. This is how I managed to get the main dealer to acnowlage that there was a problem, as it progressed it began to be there all the time. It would come in around 40 mph and go out around 60 mph, this is the speed most of the cars are under heavy load, and it got to the point that I could do it in 3rd 4th and top gear, there respons was to take it up higher in each gear before changing up, that helped for a while, but was only delaying the fact that a problem was there. Tommy
Iporter View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJulá2015 at 6:58pm
My +2 1.6 petrol has always done it in 3,4 and 5 not especially noticeable but it is still fine at 140000 miles with no more noise than when new.

Edited by Iporter - 30áJulá2015 at 6:58pm
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJulá2015 at 11:26pm
Thanks Iporter that's very encouraging can sleep easier now
Picasso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Picasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áAugá2015 at 5:45pm
Sorry to harp on about this but my whining noise is only
In 2nd and 3 rd up to 25 mph.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic