Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glow Plugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glow Plugs
    Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 7:59pm
just wondering does anybody know and sites where i can buy glow plugs as i cannot find any :(

also how many does the 1.5dci have?

thanks
2008 1.5 acenta..black..alphamirror..chrome fogs, handles, tailgate handle, grille,low profile wind deflectors, fitted sunshades, TTI 881 CB 68CT006 UK&EU
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:05pm
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=Nissan+1.5dci+glow+plugs&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=nSsiTdHwBomFhQfE1vW5Dg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CEMQrQQwAg

4 plugs...

But are you sure you need them? you are best putting up a message for StandandTan or Ed Curran (or PM them)..to ensure correct part number

However, I very much doubt you need glow plugs...what's the issue mate?
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:30pm

glow plug light never used to come on...then when we had the real cold weather there it took about 5 seconds for the light to go off when cold...now the cold is away but it still takes about 3-4 seconds for the light to go off for the plugs.....i assumed they are on their way out.. :(Confused

how come i cant find any websites that sell them? even eurocar dont sell them..
2008 1.5 acenta..black..alphamirror..chrome fogs, handles, tailgate handle, grille,low profile wind deflectors, fitted sunshades, TTI 881 CB 68CT006 UK&EU
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:38pm
The light on the dash is just an indication-  the glow plugs work well after the light is extinguished.

Temperature is still low so that is not uncommon. I don't have my QQ yet, but driven diesels for the past oooh, decade or more...I always ignore the glow plugs but on the coldest of mornings..key in turn and up she roars...

What about the google search I put up...you really don't need them I suspect. If you're inclined you can test them yourself, but if you are unsure or feel there is something wrong, then take to any garage and have them checked...
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 8:50pm
dont get me wrong...i always let the light go out..then she start first time after maybe one turn of the engine....just always though if the light stayed on that they were going faulty.. :)

havent really had a good look around the engine yet of the qq....any pics of where the glow plugs are on it?....and haynes doesnt help...they are not doing a manual :(

they were brilliant when i had my bmw.....used it that much the pages were are torn ..lol
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 9:04pm
The light means they are warming up - the colder teh temp, the longer the light is on. The light is just an indication when it's 'ideal' to start the engine as efficiently as possible.

Glow plugs themselvesare probably the most reliable part of the engine...and very rarely fail.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 9:09pm
i dont think the plugs are faulty either
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 12:27am
hi ian, mines a 1.5, and since the cold weather, mines stayed on for about 2/3 secounds,  and when in lake district  end of nov beginning dec  it was -10 in the morning and it took 3 attempts to get it started, although the light only stayed on same 2-3 secs, but i thought that was likely to happen being as cold as it was/ although, my old transit bannana engine always started first time every time,, but dont think i tested it in -10c!.
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:38am
I wouldnt give it a second thought. Its when you have to start spraying "easystart" into  the air filter that I'd start getting concerned LOL
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:00am

Oh, I remember the days when a diesel used to fire up in a fog of black soot and coughing in the morning... People today don't know just how awfull they used to be!

Mr diesel View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 12:39pm
dont use easy start m8t its the devils pi55 for diesel engines your G/PLUGS stay on for about 18-20seconds when the light goes out the plugs carry on working this is to aid starting and to smooth out the tick over abit ....the Ford 2.5 Di was a cracking engine and being a direct injection engine it started very well in any weather

Glynn
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:10pm
Yeah, i'd avoid easystart on modern engines. The engine isn't designed to require it, so if it does then something is wrong and you ought to fix it before the problem gets any bigger.
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 8:08pm
ah  mu old girl is not ready for the knackers yard yet........i will see how she goes...lol
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 10:31pm
I was joking about easystart hence  the "I'd start getting concerned" if you were using it LOL.
Brings back memories though of trying to fire up old Caterpillar dozers & loading shovels on cold winter morning many years ago hehe Angry

Edited by ericos - 04 Jan 2011 at 10:31pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 10:37pm
aye ericos, you been there and worn the same overalls as me and seano...cat engines i used to work on were big 10 cyl jobbs in air compressors...and smaller ones.

nothing like a good sniff of ether in the morning to get the humans fired up first...
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 11:01pm
Mr diesel View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 8:33am
Originally posted by hamish hamish wrote:

aye ericos, you been there and worn the same overalls as me and seano...cat engines i used to work on were big 10 cyl jobbs in air compressors...and smaller ones.

nothing like a good sniff of ether in the morning to get the humans fired up first...

Snap i started out working on Cat D6/D8 sidebooms and dozzers and 955's O'n'K RH300/RH600's

small world Wink

Glynn
mr_juice_24 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_juice_24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 7:02pm
Hi. I had this P0380: Glow plug/Heater, circuit A - malfunction.
Heavy hard turn left or right, dashboard resetting, but not doing all the time. I wonder how a defective glow plug(s) can relate to my heavy steering wheel ? I have qashqai visia 1.5dci 2013.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic