UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Handbrake locking when released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handbrake locking when released
    Posted: 21áJulá2018 at 2:34pm
Hi all, I have a 2010 1.6 petrol Qashqai, in January of the year I felt the o/s/r hanbrake cable sticking, I had the main dealer (Western Nissan Edinburgh) fit 2 new cables, since then it has been back to them twice as the o/s/r parking brake locks when I turn the wheel back wards but is ok when I turn it forward any body got ant ideas as Nissan say they cannot find anything wrong but it is still doing it. Tommy
Bgmick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bgmick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJulá2018 at 3:46pm
Miss adjusted rear shoes catching on drum when going backwards ...... would be my guess but if you paid for western to work on it they should be fixing it
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJulá2018 at 5:28am
Sad to say the service manager is not interested. Met with him last Monday to speak about some of the problems I have had since January, his response is telling the workshop supervisor to check my vehicle over when it has been in for repair. Each time they have reported something it has been replaced by them. This time I will strip the brakes down and check them, he requested that I let them know what I find, this from a main dealer, not really what I expect from main dealer.
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áJulá2018 at 8:00am
Back into Western Nissan this morning to see about why the handbrake is still sticking. I have bought new rear disks and pads and they are going to fit them while they are investigating the problem.
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áJulá2018 at 12:03pm
Just back from main dealer, they stripped brakes right down to back plates cleaned and lubricated all movable parts fitted my new discs and pads and tested it on brake meter and gave me a printout of readings, at present all seems ok will see how it is in a few weeks but from what they showed me and the work done I think it should be ok. Tommy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic