UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Headlight height adjusters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlight height adjusters
    Posted: 19áAprá2018 at 7:20am
Hello. In replacing the sidelight bulb on my 2010 Qashqai I twisted and removed the headlight adjusting unit mistaking it for a bulb holder. When I replace it now it does not adjust the headlight. When removed I see what I can only describe as a small blue joystick. I have checked out of the unit and this joystick moves in and out as I move the headlight adjustment switch. Can anyone help please as I fear it may be a MOT failure ?
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2018 at 5:42pm
I did the same thing did you find out how to fix it
hollars View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJuná2018 at 10:41am
Hi. 
I did yes. Not too bad in the end.
First step is to connect the adjuster unit and set the headlight adjuster switch so that the blue joy stick thing is out as far as it goes. You can see it move in and out as you toggle the switch up and down. Now remove from the wiring. 
Next remove the headlight bulb.
Now you can insert a screwdriver into the headlight bulb hole and press it against the "eye ball" looking part of the assembly to stop it from moving. At the same time you need to push the adjuster unit into its hole and push quite firmly and it will snap into place.
As a little tip I always find refitting the headlight bulb very fiddly so I put a new bulb in whilst I had it out. 
It was all a but fiddly but not too bad.

I hope this helps.
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJuná2018 at 11:59am
So i have to extend the joy stick and stop the low beam from moving and snap thr motor in place
hollars View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJuná2018 at 1:27pm
Not clear if you are asking me a question or not? If you are asking what next you just twist the headlight adjuster unit in its hole and it will lock in. Then just reattach the wires and you're good to go
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJuná2018 at 1:37pm
I tryed that its not working would i have to adjust the projector back to
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJuná2018 at 2:39pm
Have you got a email and i send you a photo of my problem with the motor to make it easier
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áJuná2018 at 12:04pm
Thanks for you advice it worked i got the motor back in your right it was a pain to clip thanks anyway for your adive it was really helpful
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic