Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Headlight help if possible.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headlight help if possible.
    Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 9:25am
Hello I have had the QQ less than two weeks and have now done about a thousand miles and are getting on well with it, but I have a question about headlights... I leave pretty early in the mornings ( 6 ish ) and the first part of my journey is pretty dark and back lanes, both dipped and main beam are pretty good but I see other vehicles on the road and their lights just seem that little bit brighter, so basically is there any bulbs that are a straight forward replacement for the ones that ?. Mine seem to have that have a yellowish tint to them. My QQ is a 59 plate 1.5 Ntec.. Oh the lights have to be legal..

Thanks for reading, Steve.
2009 1.5 N-Tec DC in grey. Two 95 cubic inch V Twin motorcycles and a old skool hard tail Yamaha 650 chop.
          www.photographicvisions-stock solutions.co.uk
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 9:32am
Hi Steve, have a read of the thread below. Duncho knows his bulbs for sure....

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/number-plate-led_topic16483.html?KW=

Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 9:34am
In my days of standard headlights similar to what you probably have, I always purchased OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited, these give an intense legal white light that will be an improvement on what you have. Philips also make a good equivalent, but in my experience not a powerful as the Osram's
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Steve-B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 3:01pm
Thanks to both Tiff and jonceebee, I will have a look at the osram night breaker unlimited.
2009 1.5 N-Tec DC in grey. Two 95 cubic inch V Twin motorcycles and a old skool hard tail Yamaha 650 chop.
Red Rooster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áOctá2015 at 5:09pm
I have had Osram Nightbreakers in for over 18 months. They are brilliant bulbs but are fiddley to fit.
58 2.0l
66 1.6 DIG-TInk Blue
Steve-B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áOctá2015 at 8:04am
Thanks for the info, have ordered some night breakers.
Sparrowhawk View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áOctá2018 at 11:34am
Hi All. As a newbie this is my first post and my questions is about headlight replacement bulbs. I have a 2014 1.5 diesel model and want to replace both dipped and main beam bulbs with Osram night breaker but I have been told by Nissan this bulb is not suitable because of extra heat generated, I have also been told by the garage that will fit them I have to sign a disclaimer. Has anyone on here come across this before?
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áOctá2018 at 10:33am
Answered here - http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/topic19308_post269211.html#269211
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic