UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Heavy clutch + warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavy clutch + warranty
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 9:49am
At my service a few weeks ago (4yrs, 37,000 miles) they wrote down "heavy clutch" on the service sheet.  I've had a heavy clutch since I got the car at 2 years old but lived with it, so didn't pay much attention to that.

Over Christmas, it's got progressively worse to the extent it's like the pedal is fighting with me and pushing back against me, so much so I have bruises all over my foot, up the back of my leg and the knee area.  I've also noticed my heel has worn through not just a relatively new car mat but the actual carpet underneath as well to the bare metal.

I've got 2 months left on my Cared4 warranty, and I've dug out the booklet and under "what's not covered" it says "Clutch friction materials".

I've done a bit of research and as far as I can tell, an extremely heavy clutch pedal is either caused by broken springs, broken slave cylinders or simply some air trapped in the hydraulics requiring a bleed.  It is not caused by wear and tear, certainly not at 4 years old/37K.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?   Will I have a fight on my hands?  At the service when they told me about the heavy clutch they said it won't be covered by warranty due to wear and tear, but it's pretty clear in the warranty - only clutch "friction materials" are excluded so a faulty spring/hydraulics/etc should be covered?

I had the engine replaced last summer and the clutch felt slightly different after that - is it possible they damaged something connecting it back up?

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic