UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > New here then drop in and say hello...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Hello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: 27áFebá2018 at 2:12pm
Hello all!
Just signed up to the forum having used forums before for other brands. Hopefully this one will be very friendly and helpful.
Two issues in two days to report/resolve.
First, the boot handle broke off yesterday. I see this is a very common fault. Already ordered replacement clips to glue on to existing handle. A much cheaper solution than replacing the handle (which would have to be pained as well).
Second, my wife reported the car suffering loss of power this morning and wouldn't get much over 2000rpm. It's the 1.5Dci and this also seems to be a common issue from what I've found out already.
Limped for a bit before clearing itself. Thinking that a good dose of diesel treatment might be worth a try before assuming anything worse.
We've had the car about a year and love it but have to say it's not as well put together as the VW we had before it.
Any tips/advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Devondave View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devondave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áFebá2018 at 4:39pm
Hello jesamel, and a warm welcome to the forum. So far I've found everyone here to be friendly, and only too eager to help wherever possible.
Unfortunately you don't give us the age of your QQ, but I'm guessing that if it's of the age where the boot handle has gone brittle and has broken, we're not looking at a J11.
I don't know how cold it was in Surrey this morning, but here in Devon it was serously raw. As the apparent problem soon cleared itself I wonder if it could have been caused by the diesel starting to go a bit waxy.  I'm not aware of this being a particular problem with QQs, but if the car had been exposed to a raw wind all night it could be possible. A course of diesel treatment is unlikely to do any harm, but I'm a great believer in the old Italian tune-up!! You never know! Good luck.
Dave Kirton (2013 360 1.5 Dci Flame Red/black Side Steps, Wind Deflectors, Fog Light & Rear reflectors trim rings, Side window chrome trims, Bonnet protector. Chrome tailpipe.)
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áFebá2018 at 4:54pm
Welcome
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áFebá2018 at 5:30pm
Welcome aboard
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áFebá2018 at 6:39pm
Hiya jesamel, welcome to the world's best QQ forum!

2010 N-Tec 1.5dci CafÚ Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
jesamel View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áMará2018 at 2:13pm
Thanks all for your welcomes!
Not sure how to edit my profile to show model of car....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic