UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Help me understand how the alarm should work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me understand how the alarm should work.
    Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 10:09am
Have just purchased 2014 1.2 tekna and seem to be having issues with the whole locking and alarm system.

Have tried reading manual but I'm even more confused.

According to the manual the alarm is only enabled if the car is locked using the button on the remote and doesn't go on if the car is locked using the button on the outside of the car . Is this correct?
Surely the alarm should go on whatever method is used to lock the car, otherwise you will always have to use the remote on the key.

Also a few times now if I have opened the just the boot or back door, using the dooor button the alarm has started going off after about 20 seconds. Why is this??

I am guessing that if the car is locked using the remote on the key the alarm is enabled, meaning the remote button then has to be used to unlock the car and disable the alarm?if this is he case do I know which menthod I need to use to open the car, as I'm unlikely to remember if it was locked using the car door button or the remote !!

Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 4:36pm
My 2012 Tekna alarm is set when the car is locked either by key fob or door button.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 5:19pm
Thanks. Is there a clear way to tell if the alarm is on?
Do I have to turn off before entering the car? I assumed having the key on my person would be enough but it keeps going off if I only open the back doors (I.e whilst putting kids in the car)
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 6:57pm
You need to go into DRIVER SETTINGS to enable front door 'lock' buttons to work.
Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 7:51pm
aftsr a bit more playing around I have discovered that the alarm is on no matter how I lock the car however....

If I unlock the car but only open the boot or one of the back doors the car is auto locking after 30 seconds. (This is regardless of whether the door is left open or closed. This in turn is causing the alarm to go off !!

My understanding from reading the manual is the autolock function should only kick in if the car is unlocked but no doors are opened within the 30 seconds. So do I have a fault?

It takes me a lot longer Than 30 seconds to get kids in back seats and bags in boot so the alarm is forever going off.

Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 8:49pm
Umm.... why don't you just open one of the front doors just a crack?? (Not fully closed any more, but on the second "hook"...)
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Grovesy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grovesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAugá2017 at 8:52pm
Yeah that's what I'm having to do but keep forgetting. It's a pain if I am loading shopping in the boot for example. Just doesn't seem right so wondering if it's a fault. :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic