UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Know How..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Help With Start Stop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsmclaughlin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help With Start Stop
    Posted: 12áJuná2017 at 2:31pm
Hi Everyone,

My 2013 J10 QQ has developed a "Start Stop System Fault". I've read several topics here and elsewhere about how to diagnose and fix the problem but there is nothing I can find that is a conclusive way to diagnose and fix the problem.

It seems that a likely cause of the fault is the battery and that replacing the battery may solve the problem. However the batteries for start stop cars are quite expensive so I dont really want to buy one just on the off chance.

Would anyone in or around Sheffield be up for helping me test the battery? do you have a start stop battery I could test in my car? I'd come to you and bring you a box of beer/bottle of wine for your troubles :D

Failing that, does anyone have a conclusive way to diagnose a start stop system fault? I appreciate I could take it to the dealer but I suspect that they would charge quite a lot just for plugging it into a laptop!

Many thanks in advance!

~Drew
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 9:08am
I don't know if they are good enough to check stop start batteries, but Halfords do a free battery test, they have a machine which connects to your battery and gives you a printout.

The cynic in me says it's probably programmed to tell you you've got a duff battery even if it's good so that they can sell you a new one ;)

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
dsmclaughlin22 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsmclaughlin22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJuná2017 at 10:37am
Thanks for the tip! 

I'll keep it in mind, tho it sounds like we have the same inner cynic! :D
passolaman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passolaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áNová2017 at 1:56pm
how did you get on with the stop start fault, and did you get another battery

2013 (old shape) 1.6 dci tekna 2WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic