UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > New here then drop in and say hello...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Hi All & Qashqai with us on Monday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi All & Qashqai with us on Monday
    Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 8:08pm
Just a quick note to say hello to all and a fond farewell to our Seat Alhambra and a big HELLO to our 12 plate n-tec ready for us at 3pm on Monday. We cannot wait. Whoop Whoop!

Regards

Lewey
Lewey
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 8:16pm
Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : Club Rules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrator :
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
G5 Boy
CraigQQ
Gadget
Affman
Kashmir

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money rasied going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities. 
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you.  If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance.  If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information.  Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process.  We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested.  Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club.  With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 8:17pm
Welcome to the N-Tec side of this great club Lewey !

As I live in Poole I might see you around, be easier to spot you if you made the full contribution and get a club sticker for the rear window(also access to club discounts if you do so you could save on some bling for your QQ !

What engine and mileage you getting?

Is it from Westovers?

2010 N-Tec 1.5dci CafÚ Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 8:38pm
Hi Lee'71

Cheers for the response and currently in the throws of signing up now. Car sticker sounds cool and will get to work when it arrives. It is a 1.5 dci and around 8k on the clock.. Come Monday I will report back on the mileage as I'm sure we will give it a good run.

Yes you are right - Nissan Westover. So far they have been really good with us and a pleasure to deal with.

Nice Avatar. Was you at Bournemouth Airshow?

Regards

Lewey
Lewey
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 8:57pm
The 1.5 diesel is a great little unit, nice and strong and full of torque! I came from a 2.0 diesel Volvo V50 and was worried about dropping down in cc but needn't have worried.

Westovers have been OK with me, did my recall with no problems and I never bought my QQ from there.

Avatar is Hurricane Mk 1 R4118, a real Battle of Britain survivor with five 'kills' found in India and returned to and restored in the UK. It's a great story told in 'Hurricane R4118: The Extraordinary Story Of The Discovery And Restoration Of A Great Battle Of Britain Survivor'. It's my favourite warbird, just beautiful from every angle but always overshadowed by the Spit.
Yes I was at the Bournemouth Air Festival, for the first time I never took my camera but a pair of binos and walked from Canford Cliffs almost down to Boscombe pier and back!

Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 9:22pm
We were in the same boat so to say as the Alhambra has a 1.9 diesel and has done us proud. We are into RIB boating so need something capable of towing, which it seems we have made the right choice with. it's good to hear your experience also; and puts us at ease. We cannot wait.

Taking account the wheel size coupled with the torque I feel we will have very little issue, even on a slope.

I had the pleasure of sitting in HAC's hurricane that displayed in Malta a few years back? This plane was the workhorse and funnily enough was chatting to a midlands chap yesterday who fitted out the spitfire at Castle Bromwich during the war and said the something. military jets is more my scene and the F4 Phantom does it for me, hence the Avatar I chose.

I believe there was an article in Flypast on this hurricane from memory.
Lewey
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áSepá2013 at 11:23pm
Hi and welcome Lewey, I went from an seat Alhambra 1.9tdi to my current qq+2 tekna, so snap there bud, yep the Alhambra was a nice car in many ways but un sporty and boxy looking, you'll feel a bit more modern with the qq, but just don't do a big shop at ikea again bud, only negative downside on comparing the two! My qq wins all the way, just have to fit out a dolls house furniture wise now, joking aside, good luck and enjoy!!!
1206butler View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1206butler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 12:28am
I just googled an Alhambra. Those things have some serious load space!!!!
2013(63)|360|+2|1.6dCi,s/s|Mag Red|Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror|Folding Mirror Kit|Flip Key|Boot Buddy|Saunders W94 Mesh Dog Guard
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 10:55am
Hi kazlou, yes we had a 1.9tdi and it was the best car we have ever had which is why we kept it so long but have now decided its time to downsize as we no longer need 7 seats. I am looking forward to all the gadgets this offers aswell
Lewey
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 10:57am
Hi 1206butler, yes our Alhambra does have some serious load space and is an amazing car and so reliable but time for a change now.
Lewey
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 11:00am
Yes they do butler, we got a small sofa for our kitchen when owning the Alhambra, not so with the qq, recently purchased a tall chest off drawers from ikea, and a new triple wardrobe, all flat pack off course for our twins! But sent hubby down in his own work van, Toyota, while my qq stayed at home with me! Having said this when third row down in qq, enough room for my 12 bags off shopping, for family six, and fits a large 'soft dog box ' for my larger than average jack Russell, room for Wellies as well, and will butt up to one side, still allowing one seat in third row to remain up, so. All children, dog Wellies, just about fits, but yes Alhambra first class work horse,
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 11:02am
As much as I love my QQ there is one thing I've learnt about it since going on holiday earlier in the year and it's that I wish I'd bought a +2 version, not for the extra seats but for the larger boot space.

Still, for 50 weeks of the year it's perfect so maybe I need to invest in a roof box instead .

Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 3:00pm
Our mission for the week is to see how we get 3 suitcases and 2 kids in the back as a dry run. Should be fun trying. If push comes to shove the kids can feed themselves, unfortunately the cases cannot!

This time tomorrow and whoop whoop!
Lewey
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 3:09pm
Love that Lewey! Yep we are yet to take qq down to my parents holiday villa in Dordogne,France, so that could be a challenge, we take lots off food, I own about 15 bikinis, as many shoes, plus clothes for us all, and other pharaphanalia, May have to scale all our outfits down and live like bear Grills, or top box, but say a temporary bye bye to panoramic roof for journey, be good for me to take maybe just 3 bikinis.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1206butler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 3:28pm
I went for the +2 because I need to fit my 3yr old border collie in the back. Not as roomy as my old passat estate but still adequate (I hope!). Just been in to sign paperwork for the qashqai so I'll find out sometime this week when it arrives :-)
2013(63)|360|+2|1.6dCi,s/s|Mag Red|Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror|Folding Mirror Kit|Flip Key|Boot Buddy|Saunders W94 Mesh Dog Guard
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 4:22pm
Hi there again Butler, had a vw passatt estate too!!! Another great work horse, super comfortable car, and reliable. Any off you guys had a honda cr-v too, like me? Xx

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1206butler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 4:34pm
Nope, my cars have been vw golf mk1, vx cavalier, Austin montego, rover 216, vx Belmont Sri, vw golf mk2 driver, vx Astra, vw golf gt, vx vectra, Renault Clio (Nicole? Papa?), fiat granda punto, vw passat est 2.0 tdi sel (170), and this week, a QQ+2 1.6dCi 360. In a nutshell!
Mart1965 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mart1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 4:55pm
Hi lewey, welcome to the club Thumbs Up
as lee said only thing bout my ntec i really don't like is boot space... should've got a +2 he he.
Used to have a ivtec civic was like a bleedin tardis huge boot.
2012 1.5dci NTEC+ cafe-latte, Blinged up, club sticker, brake-light sticker, Flip-keyfob,Bonnet guard, Blue LEDS
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 5:13pm
Lee'71 yes the +2 version would probably be better for us when it comes to going on holiday but that's only once a year or every 2 years and the +2 would mean we would be used as a taxi service which is why we decided not to get one. If we can't get our children plus us and the cases in then they will have to go and stay with my husbands parents while we go away, lol
Lewey
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 5:16pm
Hiya Mart1965 and thanks for the welcome. I have had a Seat Alhambra for the past 11 years and it was the best car I have ever had in every way but am excited about picking up our qq n-tec tomorrow
Lewey
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 5:21pm
upgrade all done lewey Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áSepá2013 at 7:02pm
Thank you
Lewey
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 7:45am
Just popped in to say I hope it all goes well for you this afternoon Lewey .

Enjoy the drive home. You'll be smiling all the way, you'll see !
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 10:45am
Thanks Lee'71, only a few hours to go now and I can't wait, might even let my hubby have a drive, lol. Bought lots of accessories for it including a throw to keep in the back for the kids, he thinks I am mad but I am just personalising it
Lewey
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 11:47am
Good luck Lewey, for today! Funny you should mention a throw, I'm looking out for a dusky pink one, for passenger seat, as our daughter complains about leather seat being cold at 5.45a.m when going swimming training, we have heated seats but not as quick to get warm as the alhambra's and only one setting, unlike the Alhambra that had a few different, anyway have fun today, xxx
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Lewey Lewey wrote:

Our mission for the week is to see how we get 3 suitcases and 2 kids in the back as a dry run. Should be fun trying. If push comes to shove the kids can feed themselves, unfortunately the cases cannot!

This time tomorrow and whoop whoop!

2 "normal" suitcases laid flat, then a couple of smaller fatter suitcases that you can put in the gap remaining at the side and in front of them.  Worked for me on my 2 hols down south this year..

chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 1:17pm

Thanks Lee'71, only a few hours to go now and I can't wait, might even let my hubby have a drive, lol. Bought lots of accessories for it including a throw to keep in the back for the kids, he thinks I am mad but I am just personalising it

When I got rid of my Primera in January, I was shocked how dirty the back was (kids were born and grew up to age 4 in that car). The back of both front seats were covered in mud from their shoes, and the seats were just full of stains.

With the QQ, I covered the whole back seat in a big throw that is big enough to cover the seats and down into the foot area covering that so anything dropped ends up on it.   And a couple of these...

Just go over your front seats. Kids love them, loads of pockets for them to put their stuff (and rubbish!) in, and all the muddy foot prints end up on them.

I gave the QQ a bit of clean this weekend, just removed those two, and the throw, and the back is absolutely spotless like it was when brand new.  Definately, definately, definately, a good idea to cover what you can when you have very young kids!

Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 8:06pm
Well we have our beautiful QQ and we absolutely love it, not a bad thing about it. Lovely smooth drive and LOVE all the gadgets that it has, can't wait to get in it in the morning for the school run :)
Lewey
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 8:27pm
great to hear lewey Thumbs Up
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 8:43pm
Go girl! I'm the only one with a qq at my twins school so far! But did spot a black qq parked outside the other day, could be grandparents or a new mum in reception, yet to spot it again, so enjoy, you'll have a big grin on your face, I was embarrassed to have such a lovely car when first took on a school run, but was excited, so go girl, I've had mine a year at the end off the month! Xx
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 8:57pm
Well done Lewey, knew you'd love it!

It's just a great car isn't it, almost perfect !

I might see you around if you get anywhere near the BH16 area?
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 9:26pm
Hiya Kazlou, yes I am the only one with a QQ at my daughters school aswell I think. I used to just ramp my Alhambra up on the pavement but definitely won't be doing that with my QQ so will just have to leave much earlier to make sure I get a space
Lewey
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 9:27pm
Hi Lee'71

To prevent any confusion my Wife & I are bouncing responses. So apologies if we have. In terms of seeing you around Im sure we will as we are in BH17.

To say we are over the moon is an understatement. Picture this my Wife was sitting in the car with the Nissan chap sorting out her Bluetooth for her phone. I thought I would ring it to see how it sounded and next thing as loud as you like I hear a rendition of 'we do like to be beside the seaside' Taxi for Lewey!

Question: I think door sill protectors will be a must. Any ideas great fully received.

By the way Westover Nissan was slick and easy. Thank you to them also.

Regards

Lewey
Lewey
Lewey View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 9:27pm
Thanks Craigfishin, we are loving it and I can't wait to get in it tomorrow to do the school run
Lewey
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áSepá2013 at 9:37pm

Hi Lee'71

To prevent any confusion my Wife & I are bouncing responses. So apologies if we have. In terms of seeing you around Im sure we will as we are in BH17.

To say we are over the moon is an understatement. Picture this my Wife was sitting in the car with the Nissan chap sorting out her Bluetooth for her phone. I thought I would ring it to see how it sounded and next thing as loud as you like I hear a rendition of 'we do like to be beside the seaside' Taxi for Lewey!

Question: I think door sill protectors will be a must. Any ideas great fully received.

By the way Westover Nissan was slick and easy. Thank you to them also.

Regards

Lewey

No problem, may very well see you around as I drive over your way everyday to work to pick up my big red van for the day !

The sill protectors are a good idea but quite a few members have had problems getting the rear ones to stick properly but others have sort of managed OK. I did want some but have been put off by the problems and the fact that I think our twins would scratch them like mad getting in and out the back .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic