UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

High beam issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAD613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High beam issue
    Posted: 29áJulá2018 at 9:19am
I've had my Tekna+ 2018 ex-demo, only a couple of weeks. Last night for the first time I drove it after dark and found that though I can momentarily turn on the high beam when I pull the lights lever, I cannot find a way to keep it switched over to high beam.
The lights are set in AUTO.
What am I missing? Or is there a fault?
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2018 at 9:39am
You've set the high beam to "AUTO", too. So the car decides when to switch high beam on.

How this feature can be disabled ought to be found in the manual....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
JAD613 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAD613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2018 at 11:08am
Right - this is a new feature, not experienced on previous cars. It must be a d**n smart car to know when I want high beam...
I played around with it again and found that I can switch on high beam to stay on when I move the selector up a notch to 'headlights'. So issue solved. Thanks.
bigE View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áSepá2018 at 7:13pm
I have just bought a 2015 plate N TEC 1.5 diesel with pure drive and i found out this with high beam last night so today i took it back to evanshalshaw who i bought it from and they say that the car decides when high beam is needed when in auto position which i found strange as my older qashqai had high and low beam on the auto setting.Tongue
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áSepá2018 at 1:03pm
Its actually really really good. How it senses a distant oncoming headlight so well is anyones guess but it's a great piece of software. No good in built up areas of course but on dark country lanes fantastic.
Tekna DCI 110 1.5 Nightshade
guidedog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guidedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áOctá2018 at 12:14am
definitely a good piece of kit and the secret is the camera in the windscreen this senses the white lights from other oncoming cars.... and also some high reflective signposts (which is most frustrating ) ,,,... anyway a good addition for dark lanes etc ...
guidedog has a 18plate Tekna+   all dressed in Pearl Black and a hint of chrome..
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áOctá2018 at 10:39am
With a J11A if the switch is set to AUTO you can then get auto high beam with the lever pushed forwards. It's all in the handbook of course...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic