UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

"Higher Grade Diesel"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marzeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Higher Grade Diesel"
    Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 12:49pm
Does anyone use the higher grade more expensive grade of diesel and did you notice any improvement in economy or performance?
2011 Magnetic Red 2.0 dci ntec
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 1:44pm
nope , i get mine from wherever i pass and never found one brand to be better than another 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:17pm
Yes, I now use Shell V-Power diesel and notice a difference. Slightly quieter engine and more miles to the gallon. Worth the extra cost in my opinion and the Shell points reward system is very good.

Important to remember - fill up from empty the first time and it takes a few tankfulls to start noticing any difference. No point just trying it once. Hope this helps.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 4:33pm
thanks paul , that may be why i dont notice a difference , sticking £20 of one brand into a tank with something else then doing the samr again next time probably doesnt get any benefit
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 5:19pm
Used the  v-power myself for a while (got a discount  through a freind) but noticed no difference, but ours is mainly all short & town driving, prob be better with decent longer trips.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 2:35pm
My engine has been sounding like a bag of spanners for some time (the car is 110k business miles, so it's probably starting to tire!

I recently decided to top of the tank (about half) before going on a long trip and stick in the Shell Optimax Diesel. The car is now quieter and smoother than it was, and doing more to the gallon (although it does include a long trip in this).

The odd bit is that the car is now harder to start in the morning, requiring more than one attempt to get it to fire. Although it no longer drops onto 3 cylinders as it used to when cold.

Edited by 2Fat2Bald - 26 Feb 2013 at 2:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic