UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Horn Modification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardDrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horn Modification
    Posted: 26áJulá2018 at 10:51am
Apologies for yet another Horn Question 

I was investigation the possibility of replacing the horn on my 2017 facelift Tekna 1.5 Cdi but wasn't sure if it had one of 2 horns,after disconnecting the horn that is under the upper trim and testing the second horn sounded so i assume there is one hidden somewhere else, i can't see one down beside the radiator that is where others have suggested it could it be,  anywhere else? i guess i will have to remove the user body floor pan?

Has anyone tried moving the horn buried down in the engine bay up to the top with the other horn? does this improve things

GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJulá2018 at 5:43pm
see:

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6092&hilit=horns
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJulá2018 at 2:11pm
Think you're right - sounds like 2 horns on mine too.

Actually happy with the 2017 trumpet Thumbs Up.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
HardDrive View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardDrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJulá2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Think you're right - sounds like 2 horns on mine too.

Actually happy with the 2017 trumpet Thumbs Up.

I have 2 horns on mine one at the top and one down in the engine somewhere would the should better if i moved them both up to the top?

Harrymac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJulá2018 at 8:19pm
I have a 17" truck air horn that pumps out 140db fitted neatly behind the grill of my J10. Doesn't half make stray pedestrians jump when they wander off the kerb heads buried in their phones.

Edited by Harrymac - 27áJulá2018 at 8:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic