Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How:- Electronic park brake into MOT test mode?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How:- Electronic park brake into MOT test mode?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4SIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How:- Electronic park brake into MOT test mode?
    Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 3:41pm
Hello all

My first post here and it is a bit technical, so apologies there. Also, not too sure if this would be the right section, but here goes anyway.

We need to test the Qashqai's handbrake efficiency on an MOT Test. This would normally be done while gently pulling up the lever while the car was on a brake tester.

However, the issue here is that its an Electronic handbrake, which means its either ON or OFF, you cant control it.

With other manufacturers there is a way of putting the Electronic Park Brake into a service mode to enable this test to be carried out, but I cant find any info on the Qashqai, not even in the owners manual. I am not talking about releasing the calipers to change the rear pads, thats a different thing. This service mode enables the handbrake to come on gently, but not fully, like you would with a manual one.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 6:04pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP495u0757w

Don't know if it answers your question as the video is quite long.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
W4SIM View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4SIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP495u0757w

Don't know if it answers your question as the video is quite long.

Thanks Doug, but it was after watching that video that I need to find out how to specifically do the Qashqai one.

That one shows some Renault, VW and Range Rover ones i believe.
W4SIM View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W4SIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:01pm
I may go and ask the local dealership but i very much doubt that they'll be telling me that info (or even know what im talking about).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic