UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

how to fit a connect unit in place of 6cd unit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to fit a connect unit in place of 6cd unit
    Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 4:53pm
hey all

just finished sis's connect unit , changing the head unit itself is simple just unclip the panels from bottom upwards and lay to one side ,you only need to disconnect the hazard light plug all the rest can stay attached

remove the 4 screws securing the unit ,then remove the bracket from the old unit altogether and refit to new connect unit ,this is held on by 4 screws each side

now disconnect all leads to old unit which can now be stored away incase you need to refit it in the future ,now plug the mic patch lead onto the cars orignal mic lead (note the patch lead will only fit on one lead so you cant get this wrong ,plug the other end of the patch lead into the rear on the connect (again there is only one port this will fit )

plug in speaker lead and the grey plug goes to the right socket on the connect (looking at the connect from the front

then connect the gps aerial and secure the other end like this using the sticky pad (you may need to replace this or add some double sided tape)

now plug the usb lead in and feed the wire down the back of the unit so it can be accessed through the lower panel when replaced

the connect can now be secured in place with the 4 screws and you will be left with this

you can now install the usb/aux port into the dash ,to do this unplug the cigarette lighter plug and the plug on the back of the switch that sends air to the back (opposite the ciggy socket)

you can then work with the panel easier 

i used a 25mm hole cutter (nearest size i had)to cut a hole between the 2 existing switches on the lower panel ,then used a hand file to make it a bit bigger as the hole size needs to be about 27mm ,ideally you need something like this

you then simply push the port into the hole until in clicks and locks into position and will look like this

now pull the usb lead you left hanging through the hole the other 2 leads come from(ciggy and air plugs)

connect all 3 on to the back of the panel and you have this

now replace top panel (large one) dont forget to reconnect the hazard plug

then you can replace the bottom panel and the job is done and should look like this

now turn ignition back on  (note ignition should be off the whole time you are installing this unit)

and hey presto

everything works perfectly

@chainsaw

heres some info for you from the menu

as you can see our sound system shows as not present but works perfectly

when reverse is selected we get a blue screen with the parking lines but for obvious reasons no picture (i will be looking into fitting her a camera soon)

i think the key to everything working was the model of this stereo ,althought the usb lead states x11e the unit shows p32l , for those about to change to connect in your qashqai i would try to get the same model connect i did shown below

so to do this swap you need

connect unit (same model as above)

mic patch lead

usb lead

usb/aux port

gps aerial

and if you want the reverse camera you need that too (watch this space for that lol)

hope this is of help to some of you as it took longer to make this post than it did to fit the unit lol

Edited by craigfishin - 28 Nov 2010 at 5:37pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 6:26pm
for reference

connect unit : 25915-BH10C available on ebay £70-£250

mic patch lead   :  24036-BG00A available from nissan £11.75

usb lead      :  24039-BH00A  available from nissan £110 (try to buy a used connect that comes with this lead )

usb/aux port : available from holdcrofts for £31.99  

gps aerial : available from nissan for £58   

my advice is buy a connect that comes with gps and usb lead even if you pay a lot more for it as these 2 leads come to nearly £170 from nissan , i paid £150 for connect/ gps/usb

Edited by craigfishin - 01 Sep 2011 at 7:59pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
s30jok View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s30jok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 6:30pm
A very good guide, very impressive.
Now the onwer of a Cayman Blue 2010 Model 2.0dci Tekna QQ Blue Led's and orange sill plates!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 6:41pm
thanks jok
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 10:22pm
Can this topic/instruction be made sticky - it's most useful.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 10:24pm
done ....

glad you like it mate
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 10:51pm
Thumbs Up
evo99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 3:51pm
I replaced the 12v power outlet with the aux port and it fitted perfectly.  As the 12v outlet is only 2 wires it would be easier to extend and relocate. (above the central locking switch)
2008 Black 1.6 Tekna Stone leather
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 5:14pm
looks good evo, ideal for you but people using dashboard mounted 12v products (gps/speed detectors/phones on window mounts/heaters ect ) need to be aware that they will not have a local power supply as remounting the power source in the handbrake area will be unsuitable for running wires to the dash and will trail past the gear stick ect  

good job though mate not knocking it Thumbs Up

2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 9:21pm
The sounds system shows as "not present" in my ntec as well - I think it's referring to the Bose system fitted to the Tekna, rather then the USB reader.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:17pm
i would relocate my 12v to drivers side, under headlight switches ect, as this is where i normally put my gps ect right in bottom corner of screen,  (most people use centre of screen but i find it gets in my way lol!!!)

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:22pm
me too lol , never liked things in the middle of the windscreen , thats an ideal spot for it cqq
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2010 at 10:27pm
Thumbs Up cheers lol
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:50am

It shows as 'not present' in mine and I have the Bose amp under the seat. (Sound n Style)
I think this is why it is verrrrrrrrrrrry loud even with the volume turned down.
I think if it says 'sound system present' then it works in pre-amp mode and just acts as a front end for the Bose amp/EQ unit.

I have fitted my USB/Aux Jack between the other two sockets as per the photo below.
You can just see the Nano USB stick in the slot. 4GB for about £13 from Hong Kong.
I got about 45 albums on there at the mo.

I also updated my POI's last night for the first time, very easy Smile

Chainsaw

Edited by Chainsaw - 13 Dec 2010 at 7:54am
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 8:40am
that is one hell of a small usb stick chainsaw!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 11:07am
there great aint they , hamish just sent me a 16gb version free (thanks hamish) they were free samples his company were sent
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:00pm
i seen that fishin, i was too late to get one off hamish as i was working lol!!
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

there great aint they , hamish just sent me a 16gb version free (thanks hamish) they were free samples his company were sent

I like Hamish, he is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice chappie SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

hehe

Chainsaw
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:06pm
nah hes a total SAC chainsawEmbarrassed
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 7:50pm
Very nice guy that Hamish, very nice guy, one of the best. (hope thats enough pandering to get the next freebie you have going.....best mate, LOL)
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:24am
The best way to Hamish's heart (and freebies?) is through graphs...LOL
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
s30jok View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s30jok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:42am
How do you get that service menu to come up on the connect? and what options does it allow you to do, or is it just for info
Now the onwer of a Cayman Blue 2010 Model 2.0dci Tekna QQ Blue Led's and orange sill plates!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 10:54am
just for info jok

you hold down the setup button and while holding it turn the right hand dial 90degrees anti clockwise then 180 clockwise then 180 anti clockwise and the service menu will appear 
vlegga View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlegga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 9:31am

Hi ppl does the new stereo sat nav work perfectly with the steering controls will i be still able to drive and change stations from the steering ?

thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 1:00pm
yes mate
Falah View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 12:20pm
Hey Craig,
I've just bought a 07 tekna with sat nav. If I am ever able to find a connect system available to buy Im thinking of swapping out the old "stick up" sat nav. Do you know if this can be removed or am I just stuck with it?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 12:45pm
what the top dash mounted one???
Falah View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 12:57pm
Yup the dash mounted one. I didn't realise it didnt have postcode search, or ipod connectivity (my bad) and now the missus is grumbling. So for a quiet life and to make her happy, I'll swap it out for a connect, IF the space where the old sat nav can be covered up. If I can't find a connect system (not found one yet), I'll go for one of the aftermarket all singing jobbies out of china so the kids can watch movies and the like.
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:00pm

its unsure on the connectability of these all singing ones from china... as far as we know. none of our members have attempted to fit one yet.

it would probably mean cutting off plugs and finding what wire does what ect i'd imagine...(if you knew me... thats not a good idea )
Falah View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:04pm
Ive found a couple of people that have had them fitted with no problems. There is a company in Southport that supplies/fits and I had a long chat with him, so am confident it can be done. The only question is can I remove the old dash mounted sat nav and cover the whole without it looking silly.
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:09pm
I'm sure I read comments somewhere on here from someone trying to do this. Perhaps keep searching on the forum and see if you can find anything..sorry, I can't remember where I saw it!
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Falah View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:11pm
I did find a thread by someone who wanted to do the same thing, if I recall there was no resolution to the thread, like you I cant remember where it was.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 1:11pm
you would need to buy the replacement panel that has no hole ,but im sure it could be done
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 3:36am
just seen this craig, the gps aerial goes in between the gap where your gps is now.... (to the left)

the gps will have a bracket on it that locks on the lug and then screws in place...the cable clips into slots running down the left hand side...

ah the best ideas are copied off me hey craig...lol

we are the bling twins.....many copy none better
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2011 at 3:41am
oh and i cant imagine where you got the idea from on the usb placement..hey m8....lol

Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic