UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

how to fit a connect unit in place of 6cd unit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stuartino View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 5:22pm
Hi all, I took a leap of faith and bought a connect system from eBay, described as no returns and not sure if in working order! It does! I managed to install it easily enough using Craigs guide.
Just one thing, there are no maps on it? Is that how it comes, so you have to purchase a sd card and load that onto the unit. Or keep the sd card in there permanently?

I didn't tell the wife I was getting it, so I am a bit disappointed it won't work perfectly first time she see's it. All the buttons on the steering wheel work.
I bought:
Connect(30 model) with a code for £99
A FAKRA gps arial for 6.50
the mic path cable £13
The USB cable and port can wait until next month

ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 11:12pm
You keep the SD  card in it permantly so if there isnt one you need to buy one. Dont go to Nissan there are usually new ones available on ebay for a lot less- like below

http://dsa.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR7.TRC0.A0.XQashqai+connect+satnav+sd+card&_nkw=Qashqai+connect+satnav+sd+card&_sacat=0&_from=R40
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014 at 9:34pm
After reading the 7 pages of this thread I'm ready to install my connect, I know my tel/source buttons will be reversed but I have one question,,,

Someone previously asked for a guide on removing the dash panel to get at the 6cd head unit.... Unfortunately that picture isn't available now.
Can you put it back on here so I can see it? I think I have to prise the plastic from bottom of unit, below the 12v socket? Just wNt to be sure before I start.

Paul.
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:40pm
Hi, got my connect unit from gemma off the forum today.
SO easy to plug in!
All working well but....

airbag light is flashing.

I didn't move or adjust any other wires apart from removing the original Nissan connect 6cd unit and fitting the Nissan connect sat nav unit..

any one else come across this problem?

any advice appreciated..
paul
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:49pm
search the forum for airbag reset , its a pretty simple proceedure to reset the warning light buddy
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 1:53pm
Followed the airbag reset on here
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/resetting-the-airbag-light_topic3896.html

and it seems to have fixed it!

So Happy!
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 3:49pm
My nissan connect fitted and all working now.
Great guide thanks took me 30 mins from start to finish

Any reason why my iPhone 5 doesn't charge when connected to usb?
Doesn't charge and doesn't show up on the unit at all

There is voltage from the cable ok as I've tested it
Any ideas?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 7:10pm
iphone should work fine ? , try a factory reset incase its just a glitch
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:12pm
Im on ios8 beta, so perhaps its that. :/ Ill try it on my wifes iPhone using ios7.. Ill let you know what happens.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 8:17pm
Thumbs Up
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:08pm
I can confirm my Ipad on iOS 7 works fine in car.. 
Downgrading Iphone 5 from iOS 8 beta back to iOS 7, that should do the trick.

Glad to be a guinea pig tester for you all.. Do not use iOS 8 until its officially out ;)
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:13pm
Glad you got it all fitted and sorted!
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
djkus View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:52pm
Thanks Gemma, all fitted and working 100%. Hope the postage fee covered the rolls and rolls of parcel tape you used to safely wrap it up ;) Very well packaged. 
Fitted it on my lunch break today in about 25 minutes.

Just tested Iphone 5 running iOS 7, all perfect. 

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 10:58pm
good news buddy 
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:54am
Originally posted by djkus djkus wrote:

Thanks Gemma, all fitted and working 100%. Hope the postage fee covered the rolls and rolls of parcel tape you used to safely wrap it up ;) Very well packaged. 
Fitted it on my lunch break today in about 25 minutes.

Just tested Iphone 5 running iOS 7, all perfect. 

Haha; strictly speaking the tape was acquired from the removal men when I moved house at the end of last year. Both the parcel tape and the fragile tape. Winner! LOL
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
c00kiemon5ter View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c00kiemon5ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 9:26am
This might be a daft question ...

Have got my eye on a Connect for the other halfs Tekna QQ to replace the 6cd player ... as she has sensors on her QQ will they still work ? (e.g. sound).

I know it brings up the blue screen due to lack of camera but will she still be able to use them 

Tekna 1.5dci silver facelift
ChrissH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrissH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 10:40am
Originally posted by c00kiemon5ter c00kiemon5ter wrote:

This might be a daft question ...

Have got my eye on a Connect for the other halfs Tekna QQ to replace the 6cd player ... as she has sensors on her QQ will they still work ? (e.g. sound).

I know it brings up the blue screen due to lack of camera but will she still be able to use them 

Hi,

I have retro fitted Connect into my car and my parking sensors still work as normal :) 
Chris -
1.6 Acenta Gun Metal Grey, 12 Plate
c00kiemon5ter View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c00kiemon5ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 10:42am
Thanks ChrissH :)

So onwards for me to installation !
Tekna 1.5dci silver facelift
ChrissH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrissH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 1:29pm
No problemo :)

Good luck! Big smile
Chris -
1.6 Acenta Gun Metal Grey, 12 Plate
Barryboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:57am
Hi..    Whilst I'm not at all happy with the lack of MP3 facility in my 09 Acenta 1.5 I don't want (or need to go to all the expense of) a Connect upgrade.  Can anyone recommend a better solution?

Rob
Machines were mice and men were lions, once upon a time.... now it's just the opposite - it's twice upon a time
Derekh4 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekh4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:14am
Can anyone recommend where to get a Connect unit for my 10-plate Acenta?
stuartino View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 1:18pm
I know this is an old thread but this may be a solution to an age old question. The USB AUX cable that costs ridiculous money from Nissan has been made and described on this website. It is in Russian but there are lots of photos that make it quite obvious what to do. 
https://www.drive2.ru/l/3810521/
tkqq View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:11pm
Hey there, any suggestion to replace the radio in the QQ 2009 for one with the BT option for listening music (not only calls) ? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic