UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Know How..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

How to fit DRL's (Daylight Running Lights)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stevezx77 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevezx77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Jul†2013 at 10:26am
Originally posted by stevezx77 stevezx77 wrote:

ai ai ai what a f*ck !!!
my dlr flash again but now not so often, so i connect also the negative cable into fuse box and the sidelight cable orange also into fuse box.
If it's flashing again i finish the idea!

So with the last modify the dlr doesn't flash, for the moment i can tell Yeah!
slabgood View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slabgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Jul†2013 at 2:16pm
Wow, my post is still going! I have the DRL's used for the guide if anyone is interested? The brackets have some slight corrosion but still water tight and fully working. Prefer collect from Reading, £20!

2010 Black 1.6 Acenta
geordielad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 3:05pm
I've just fitted my DRL's yesterday but they are causing me bother. The Relay i got came with positive(connected to switched live) negative(Battery) 2x yellow which I've connected to either side light, connections for drls and a white wire which I've connected into the red and white wire in fuse box. The problem is only 1 of my DRL's turns off when I turn lights on and the other 1 just stays on until engine is off. Does this sound like relay issue or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great as its driving me nuts I've worked on cars for years and never been so stressed haha Thanks alot
Mick

Edited by geordielad - 26†Aug†2013 at 4:34pm
2008 2.0 Tekna
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 3:15pm
My DRLs only had 3 wires from the control box.

Red and black (for live and neutral/earth) and orange for the side light wire.

2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
stevezx77 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevezx77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 3:16pm
connect also the negative into to fuse box, this il like my problem and when I connected all into fuse box i solved every problem.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by allan40alt allan40alt wrote:

My DRLs only had 3 wires from the control box.

Red and black (for live and neutral/earth) and orange for the side light wire.

Wish mine only had 3! I've always said "buy cheap buy twice" so it serves me right haha
2008 2.0 Tekna
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 3:31pm

connect also the negative into to fuse box, this il like my problem and when I connected all into fuse box i solved every problem.

Niceone ill try that shortly and let you know.
Cheers
2008 2.0 Tekna
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 4:17pm
Just tried that Stevezx77 and still the same problem :(
2008 2.0 Tekna
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by geordielad geordielad wrote:

I've just fitted my DRL's yesterday but they are causing me bother. The Relay i got came with positive(connected to battery) negative(switch live) 2x yellow which I've connected to either side light, connections for drls and a white wire which I've connected into the red and white wire in fuse box. The problem is only 1 of my DRL's turns off when I turn lights on and the other 1 just stays on until engine is off. Does this sound like relay issue or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be great as its driving me nuts I've worked on cars for years and never been so stressed haha Thanks alot
Mick

You say you've connected the positive to the battery (+) and the negative to a switched live? (...or have I read that wrong?).

You need the positive going to the battery live (+) or to a switched live and the negative going to earth or to any negative wire.

Confused
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 4:32pm
Oops got mixed up ive edited it, I've done it the correct way Allan. Its's got me baffled now I've emailed the seller of the relay saying I think it's faulty. It's just weird how 1 DRL (passenger side) goes off when put sidelights on but drivers side stays on aslong as engine is ON Hmmmmmmm

Edited by geordielad - 26†Aug†2013 at 4:41pm
2008 2.0 Tekna
pennine15 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennine15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 4:59pm
In simple terms all that is supposed to happen is the DRL's are ON when the Ignition is on and they go OFF if the side lights are turned on.

Therefore, I believe the connection from the side lights feeds the coil of the relay the other side of the coil goes to earth. the Switched Live from the fusebox feeds a normally closed contact on the relay the other side of the normally closed contact feeds the DRL's with the other wire from the DRL going to earth.

With the ignition on power is applied to the normally closed contact on the relay and therefore to the DRL's when the side lights are turned on the relay opens the contact and hence no power to the DRL's ............Simples Wink
Qashqai 1.6 N-TEC+ 4x2 2012 Mineral Grey. Folding mirrors, auto windows & club sticker.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Aug†2013 at 5:10pm
That sounds correct Pennine15 so if all is wired correctly why would you think 1 would stay on whilst other turns off when they are running on same circuit and through same relay? Thanks
Mick
2008 2.0 Tekna
stevezx77 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevezx77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Aug†2013 at 7:14am
Originally posted by geordielad geordielad wrote:

Just tried that Stevezx77 and still the same problem :(

One month ago i had the same problem red cable to the battery negative cable to the battery and orange cable connected to the sidelight cable, every 30 second the light switch off for 5 second and switch on.
I connected the red cable to the last free "hole" as show in the post and the negative to the negative in the fuse box and now the light switch on and stay on until the sidelight is off.
stevezx77 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevezx77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Aug†2013 at 7:18am
geordielad this is the post

Hi...
so i take some times to connect the dlr to the fuse box and now it works correctely, as the photo below bring from jat-at-home i connect the red cable of the control unit in the last right place that on my QQ 2013 is free.(red rectangle)
The negative is still connected to the battery, now it's works !!!

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Aug†2013 at 5:46pm
Thanks mate ill try that. I have also got full refund for the relay i think is faulty and bought a 1 more like the 1 in this post with pos,neg, drl wires and 1 sidelight wire so fingers crossed :)

Edited by geordielad - 27†Aug†2013 at 5:47pm
2008 2.0 Tekna
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20†Sep†2013 at 8:00pm
FrankQQ and Joan was fantastic to meet you both, enjoy your holiday Thumbs Up

Installed for Frank

1) X 18 DRLS
2) Windows and mirrows kits
3) Road Angel "Vantage" wired to the ignition feed
4) A Black Vue DR500GW-HD also wired to the ignition feed

Thank You
birder56 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birder56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21†Sep†2013 at 11:14pm
Ah! Just noticed AcesDVDs comment above about fitting a Black Vue DR500GW-HD dashcam. I'm thinking of same but really want to see how visible it is to the casual and non-casual observer. Did anyone take photos of the finished installation, both inside and out? 

I'm sure the others thinking of installing dashcams would also be interested to know.
2013 2.0 petrol Qashqai+2 CVT Tekna in Magnetic Red
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Sep†2013 at 8:22pm
Birder, PM QQFRANK im sure he will sent you some pictures real nice guy, hes away at the moment on hols tho Thumbs Up
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Sep†2013 at 10:45am
Share them if you get them Birder - interested too.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
PhilTaylor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13†Jun†2015 at 2:38pm
Just bought these   Ring Automotive BRL0398 Lyra Dual Function LED Daytime Running Lamp

Instructions say to connect Black, and White wire to the battery terminals, and the Yellow wire to the side light

Is it best to follow those instructions or to follow the direction of the in this thread and use the wires connections in the fuse box area ??

thanks in advance for any help never done this before

Opps forgot to say I have a QQ +2 2011 model

Edited by PhilTaylor - 13†Jun†2015 at 2:41pm
Qashqai+2 1.6 N-tec
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15†Jun†2015 at 11:19am
I originally tested mine that way and it worked fine.

I later wired it into the fuse box.

You may find this useful:

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/easy-drl-installation_topic10063.html

Edited by allan40alt - 15†Jun†2015 at 11:26am
PhilTaylor View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15†Jun†2015 at 11:50am
Cheers:)

I fitted them this morning, wired them into the fuse box, seemed the best way. :)

Qashqai+2 1.6 N-tec
nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Sep†2015 at 2:19am
Installed the lights today.

Full installation, with step by step guide,

The Lights have to be screwed into the holder using M5 screws supplied.

The light unit ready to be installed.

Lights just clips into place, very easy.

Not easy to get off, as I tried, make sure lights are fitted to the holder correctly before they are screwed and clipped into place.

I ran the wire behind the bumper polystyrene.

Ran wire behind headlight housing. still out of the way and hidden

All excess wire folder and cable tied, near horn, loads of room there.

Cable tie wire to main car wire loom.

DRL control box, could not find a suitable place to place it. so cable tied it to a bracket near battery.

Nicely secured and will not move. Very please with DLR control housing as it is made out of metal and not plastic.

The job in hand.

Cut a small grove on fuse box to place wire

Connect orange wire for side lights to red/white stripe wire from fuse box

fuse box closed nice fit.

Connected white wire which is only for Stop/Start cars to the Red wire in relay box. Only comes on when Ignition live.

Positive and negative wire connected to battery.

Tucked wire and cable tied it to wire loom to make it all nice and tidy

Finish Product

engine off

engine on, DLR on

headlight on, DLR off

head lights off,  DLR on

engine off lights stay on for 10 second then goes off.

Hope you like it, any question please ask
1.2 N-Tec + DIG-T CVT 2016, Gun metal Grey; Bonnet Struts, Mud Flaps, Thinkware F770 Dash cam, Cellink B Battery,fold mirrors, Auto closing windows, Door Sill guards, Safego 72w H11 LED Headlight Kit.
Damon NTEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01†May†2017 at 12:30am
Anyone fancy fitting mine for me?

Nitromax, you still on this forum?
nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01†May†2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Damon NTEC Damon NTEC wrote:

Anyone fancy fitting mine for me?

Nitromax, you still on this forum?

yes Damon, still here, which DRL do you have
1.2 N-Tec + DIG-T CVT 2016, Gun metal Grey; Bonnet Struts, Mud Flaps, Thinkware F770 Dash cam, Cellink B Battery,fold mirrors, Auto closing windows, Door Sill guards, Safego 72w H11 LED Headlight Kit.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01†May†2017 at 6:35pm
I got genuine Nissan ones but I noticed you got paper instructions. Any chance you can take page my page pics and email to me so I can show a mate you says he MIGHT be able to fit them for me?

Any help is appreciated
nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01†May†2017 at 7:10pm

nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01†May†2017 at 7:13pm
you can view full instruction from links below

https://ibb.co/j1w9RQ
https://ibb.co/bHC50k
https://ibb.co/feNimQ
nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01†May†2017 at 7:17pm
Just a quick tip on instruction 6 it say to cut the back panel so that the light unit fits, on my tekna the back panel in not connected to the front grill, so it just clicked in place.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†May†2017 at 3:10pm
Coolio. Thank you! Need to find someone to fit them now lol
nitromax View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitromax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†May†2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Damon NTEC Damon NTEC wrote:

Coolio. Thank you! Need to find someone to fit them now lol

very easy to fit, its running the wire neatly that will take time. good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic