FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

how to post pics on the forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to post pics on the forum
    Posted: 13áAprá2013 at 11:12am
YOU CAN CUT OUT A COUPLE OF THE STEPS I TAKE BUT I LIKE TO VIEW HOW IT WILL LOOK BEFORE POSTING IT

1,  open an account with photobucket at www.photobucket.com , it free and simple

2,click on upload pics from the photobucket homescreen

3, click on the "select photos and videos"

4, you will now be taken to a new window showing your pc folders ect ,

choose the folder where your pic or pics are kept , then select the pic you want by clicking on it once , to upload multiple pics hold down the ctrl buuton on your keypad and while holding click once with your left mouse button on each pics you wish to upload (note the pics you select should stay highlighted)

once you have selected the pics you want click on "open" at the bottom of the window you are in and they will automatically start downloading in photobucket (the open window will close automatically and you will be back on the photobucket screen and whatching a download bar progressing

5, once finished click the save and continue to my album

6, you will now be taken to your album screen showing thumbnmail pics of what you have uploaded

now click on the pic you want to upload to the forum (you can only select one pic at a time now)

once clicked the pic will appear in a bigger screen and to the right of the pic you will have several box options

double click on the direct link option and it will say copied

7, you now have you pic ready to post

8, now go to the thread you wish to post the pic in and select post reply (do not use the quick post box as it will not work)

9, now type whatever you wish to say then when your ready to insert the pic where the cursor is flashing click on the little tree icon above the box you were typing in

10, you will now have a new window appear on screen , at the top right there will be a box with "http://" typed in it

11, VERY IMPORTANT  delete the http:// so the box is empty then right click in the box and paste the direct link we saved earlier in there

then click the preview button at the end of the box you just pasted in and the pic will appear in the preview box below ,

then click ok

11, your pic will now appear in the post box you are intending to post

12, now the choice is yours:

a, click post reply if your done and hey presto your post including pic will be posted

b, bring back up photobucket and choose another pic and follow from step 6 again to insert multiple images in a single post

PLEASE NOTE photobucket will size your pics to fit forums so although they appear not to fit the screens as you progress just ignore that

if you wish you can resize pics as i have in this "how to" before you upload them to photobucket but that would be a different "how to" guide  

my fingers and brain are now frazzled so hope you find this a helpful guide 

enjoy

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2013 at 11:15am
when at step 6 , the quick option is to copy not the direct link but the img code (2 down from direct link code) and paste that straight into the thread post

please note photobucket has upgraded since i made this but the steps are just the same its just the look of photobucket that has changed
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Woodrabbits View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodrabbits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAprá2013 at 8:28am
Hi
Do I have permission to post pics? I am quite familiar with posting pics on forums using photobucket, but each time its says my pic has been deleted once I try to preview my post. 
1.5 Diesel NTEC + 2012 with a few extras fitted n more on the way!!!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áAprá2013 at 9:36am
Yes mate you can , try pasting the img code into he post rather than preview it
geordielad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordielad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2013 at 10:41am
Hello Craig I'm struggling to upload pictures from my iPhone :( All I get is this message :
"You have already uploaded a file of the same name. Please select another file, or rename the file and try again" but you can't rename pictures on iPhone. It seems like the function is there to add them from phone but doesn't work. Have you never thought about putting it on tapatalk? I've been on many forums (GT4oc, Civinfo, typeR) and it works really well and is very simple to add files with no need to have a photo bucket account etc. Just a thought but if not is my only option photo bucket? Thanks in advance.
Mick
2008 2.0 Tekna
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2013 at 3:26pm
tapatalk is not compatible with the forum software we have im afraid so pb is your best option buddy 
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2013 at 3:40pm
Craig my lovely, just thought Havan't attempted to post yet but worried as my device is an apple I pad 2, so wandering iff my problems will be identical to georgie, I've now got photo bucket but should I just try to follow your guide? Seems a lot off steps? What do you suggest please?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2013 at 3:42pm
theres an ipad app for photo bucket Thumbs Up
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2013 at 3:49pm
Oh that's what I must have then, self adjusting, better check though, got it as an app, cheers my dear!!
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 12:29pm
Hi Craig,

I have an account with PBase and normally if I want to embed a photo from there into any other Forums I use, I simply paste the URL with '.jpg' added at the end, into the thread I am contributing to. But this doesn't seem to work on this Forum. Any thoughts ?? Has it GOT to be Photobucket and there is no other way of doing it ?

Regards,

Richard
If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is.
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 1:33pm
no , most image hosters work like imageshack ect , you just copy the IMG code straight into the post 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 1:37pm
we just copy the img code taken from here below

Edited by Craigfishin - 01áSepá2013 at 1:37pm
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 1:49pm
Hi Craig,

Thanks. That process is more or less the same as PBase. The image code (URL) is copied from the PBase site and pasted directly into the thread. But it doesn't seem to work. Maybe it would if I experimented a bit more !! Or maybe not. I've tried it once though (as I have had a PBase account for many years now) and it didn't accept it. I'll try again. Here's a photo link from PBase:

[URL= ][/URL]http://www.pbase.com/zorpie/image/151842366

[URL= ][/URL]http://www.pbase.com/zorpie/image/151842366.jpg

They don't show on post preview anyway.

Guess I'll just have to open a Photobucket account !!

Regards,

Richard
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 2:57pm
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 4:01pm
Hi Craig,

Thanks - this comes up with a 'Server error 404 - File or Directory not found' ??

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 01áSepá2013 at 4:02pm
lackhand View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 4:06pm

Could it have anything to do with your  pbase permissions?
2008 2.0 Acenta CVT
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 4:58pm
pb is simple and free so just use that as you cant go wrong Thumbs Up
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 6:53pm
Hi Craig,

Normally - to embed a photo from PBase in any other thread on any other Forum, I simply have to add '.jpg' to the the image URL. And it comes up. Quite a few of my photos appear in many other Forums and there are no problems - on PBase all my images are set to public view and nothing is locked or passworded - only my own access to the site. The area you have ringed only refers to copyright of the image ie it cannot be copied or used elsewhere without my permission.

Don't worry - it was just a thought as PBase is a pretty well used and popular imaging database. I just wondered if I could post links and images from it on this site, like I do everywhere else. Rather than open another imaging account on another site. The 404 Error comes from this Web site and not PBase itself.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 01áSepá2013 at 6:56pm
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 7:37pm
Try reducing the size of your images you can then Load here direct
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áSepá2013 at 10:24pm
Hello Frankie,

I have the option of choosing 'small' 'medium' and 'original' on PBase to display the images on screen. However even at 'original' size they are only 1MB in size. I'll try 'medium' display and see what happens. I note on PBase my 'direct linking' is enabled and that I should use .jpg at the end of the URL for it to work and locate the image correctly on the PBase image database:

http://www.pbase.com/image/151842366/medium.jpg

But again no preview of image so I'll post this again and also try the 'small' option:

http://www.pbase.com/image/151842366/small.jpg

But I don't think this works either to be honest.

** Edit - nope - it doesn't. So it isn't a file size issue.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 01áSepá2013 at 10:29pm
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áOctá2014 at 3:36pm
those example pictures come up "sorry the person moved or deleted this image".

2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic