UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Ikey symbol ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ikey symbol ??
    Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 1:34pm
Hi guys I've notice on my 360 that once I've open the door and sat in the seat, the ikey symbol is flashing just as if notify you that the your key has ran out of battery.

Does this mean that 360 have the ikey system partially built in and that you just don't get a key and the engine start button?
QQ1 2013 360, 1.6 Petrol Start/Stop 2WD, Gun Metallic

QQ2 2016 1.2 DIG-T 115 Tekna 5dr
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Gen13 Gen13 wrote:

Hi guys I've notice on my 360 that once I've open the door and sat in the seat, the ikey symbol is flashing just as if notify you that the your key has ran out of battery.

Does this mean that 360 have the ikey system partially built in and that you just don't get a key and the engine start button?

You mean the red car icon on the instrument cluster? That's the IMMO system not ikey. iKey system does not have a separate symbol on the cluster. The MFD is showing all the relevant information about the iKey.

QQ does not have engine start button. It has a "crank" in place where the key is supposed to go. You have to turn it like with a normal key to start the car. This is one of the most idiotic start systems I've ever seen on a car with intelligent key system. Why there's no push button?

Also without the ikey you also don't have the small push buttons on the driver and passenger door. And there's no receiver antennas inside the car so it's a little bit more than just the key you're missing.

Edited by Downtime - 29 Apr 2013 at 5:20am
skipfeeney View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipfeeney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 4:45pm

Re the Ikey:  I am sure there is a reason for it but sometimes it asks you to tap the brake pedal before it will start, sometimes it asks you to move the steering, sometimes both! 

The most painful thing i find is having to push that button at the back of the crank at the same time as turning it!
2013 Qashqai+2 1.6dci Tekna
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 8:20pm
You have to press the brake pedal every time or it won't let you turn the crank. If you try and turn it without pressing the brake then the warning appears in the mfd, but provided you press the brake then no warning appears. I find that you don't need to keep the brake pressed in while you turn, all it needs is a tap to 'unlock' it and then you can release it. You shouldn't have to press the button to turn it - you only need to do that when you are switching it off ?
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 5:38am
Originally posted by Gshep69 Gshep69 wrote:

You have to press the brake pedal every time or it won't let you turn the crank. If you try and turn it without pressing the brake then the warning appears in the mfd, but provided you press the brake then no warning appears. I find that you don't need to keep the brake pressed in while you turn, all it needs is a tap to 'unlock' it and then you can release it. You shouldn't have to press the button to turn it - you only need to do that when you are switching it off ?

On my car if I press the clutch is enough :)
Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 8:57am
I think on my old 2010 tekna you could press either brake or clutch, but pretty sure that on my new one it has to be the brake pedal ?
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 11:46am

I think on my old 2010 tekna you could press either brake or clutch, but pretty sure that on my new one it has to be the brake pedal ?

For me it says apply brake but if I apply clutch it's enough. This is safer for manual car.

For manual shift car it's a bit of a hazard to tell the driver to apply brake and then allow to start the car :) If there's a gear in and you start the car even with brake pressed, it will jump forward. The brake is more logical of course for auto box.
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 8:53pm

It tells you on the dash to press the brake but you can press the clutch too, I always leave my car in gear so it's automatic for me to just put my foot on the clutch when I get in the car.
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic