UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

intelligent key failure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áJaná2011 at 12:06pm
i remember that film dig , may be due another watch
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áOctá2011 at 4:15pm
Brian - Did you ever get to resolve this one?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áOctá2011 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

Brian - Did you ever get to resolve this one?

How remiss of me not to have followed up. I did indeed find the answer to this. As noted below, I'm a licenced radio amateur so I have access to the interference branch of the licensing authority. I spoke to them about the problem and they sent a high-tech van around. Sure enough, they were able to identfy by triangulation that there was a strange wide-band signal emanating from the house opposite. They eventually reported back to me that the signal came from an imported, non-standard  weather station that was radiating a constant signal covering the 432MHz band with a radius of 150 metres. They issued a 'cease and desist' notice and we had no more problems.
A bit embarrassing as we know the people very well. They took it all in good spirit and we're still good friends. In fact, they had also had problems with the central-locking remotes on both of their cars but had no idea why.

Edited by brianmf - 10áOctá2011 at 5:06pm
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áOctá2011 at 5:12pm
Problem solve thenClap. Good info BrianThumbs Up

Edited by mohawk - 10áOctá2011 at 5:13pm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMará2017 at 12:32pm
I have the same problems as everyone else who has posted on here. I have always wondered if it was weather related as it always seam to be a problem when the weather was either wet or very cold, as it was yesterday morning t 7.00am.  Today it is a warm sunny day and all the handle buttons and the ignition worked ok even with the key fob still in my trouser pocket. I think I will keep a record for a month or so to see if certain weather conditions are the cause. If I can sort out what it is I will post the results on here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic