UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Interior Lights Not Coming On

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roscoewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior Lights Not Coming On
    Posted: 15áAprá2016 at 6:36pm
Hi folks,

I've had a look round the forum and pretty sure that my "interior lights not working" is a different kettle of monkeys to the blown BCN fuse.
The interior lights don't come on in my recently purchased 60 plate Tekna, however the footwell and boot light do, I did try swapping the 10a fuse but still nothing. The lights work if you switch them on with the switch, but there's nothing happening when the doors are open.

Any thoughts/suggestions welcomed.
Thanks
Ross
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAprá2016 at 9:10pm
The switch has three positions... always on, off, on when door open - not necessarily in this order.
Are you sure, the switch is in the right position?
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAprá2016 at 9:40pm
As above
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Roscoewy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roscoewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAprá2016 at 10:02pm
Hi
Yes, 100% sure all the switches are in the right position. I've tried them in all positions going.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAprá2016 at 10:10pm
Well... is/are the switch/es in the door frame/s functional?
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Roscoewy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roscoewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAprá2016 at 10:49pm
Well I'm assuming the door switches work ok, as I stated, the footwell lights illuminate. I just read something about 'transport/shipping mode' and pulling both stalks on the steerin column down then out, but this hasn't helped.
Ian Dee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMayá2017 at 5:32pm
I have a problem with an interior light, not working and got it replaced under warranty. It only lasted a week and I returned to dealer. They said they would need to contact Nissan for warranty replacement, with a comment that the bulbs cannot be replaced and the whole unit has to be reordered.  Surely not? Whilst I confirm there is no way the cover can be removed to replace a bulb, I assumed the unit had to be removed 'just' to replace the bulb. ? Any thoughts on this
Ian Dee -
2014 Acenta Premuum 1.2 Petrol Manual Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic