Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intermittent cruise control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intermittent cruise control
    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 2:24pm
Apologies for the length of this.  Just not sure what's relevant.

Four year-old Qashqai automatic.  Had a couple of minor niggles for a while.  Sometimes stalled going slowly uphill.  Occasionally with cruise control on speed remained steady but revs continually moved up and down (40 or 50 times a minute).  No warning lights or messages.

One day it got a lot worse.  Next day the cruise control only engaged after several attempts, and then cut out after 10 minutes.  20 minutes later the engine management light came on continuous yellow.  Half an hour later stopped at traffic lights and it was a real struggle to get the car to move at all.  Got a message saying there was a fault with the Stop/Start mechanism.

Took it to the dealer.  New gearbox fitted in three working days free of charge.

Next day I drove 70 miles.  All fine, except cruise control only engaged after several attempts, and cut out once.  Revs rock solid though.  Parked all day, 70 miles home, no change.  Filled up with petrol, started the engine, engine management light came on.

Back to the dealer.  Fault something to do with the thermostat apparently.  All working fine.  After 20 minutes the cruise control cut out.  On my way home the engine management light came on.

Went out this morning, light still on, made a few stops.  On the way home I noticed that the light had gone out, and the cruise control was working.

Obviously it's back to the dealer on Monday morning, but I suspect they're as baffled as I am, and the computer isn't telling them what the problem is.  Grateful for any suggestions I might put to them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic