UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Intermittent Reverse Camera Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrantE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intermittent Reverse Camera Issue
    Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:35am
Hi all
We've had our 2010 N-Tec for almost 2 weeks now. Lately when engaging reverse, nothing happens on the touch screen-screen. Confused
If you had a CD playing or the radio on, the screen stays exactly where it was before you selected reverse gear.
(I read a post where the screen went white or black - cant remember which now. Ours doesn't change from whatever it was doing before).

Turn engine off and back on again, select reverse. Still no camera. Then all of a sudden (say after a 30 minute drive), select reverse, camera is working again.

Has anyone else had this problem at all? Do you think it needs a dealer take a look at it or can I try something myself.

Thanks in advance.
Black 1.5dci N-Tec 2010
GrantE View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrantE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:45am
Hi All - Does anyone have any comment on the above? Camera still not working first thing in the morning, until about half hour of driving.

Anyone else had this issue or suggest a way of resolving?
Black 1.5dci N-Tec 2010
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:47am
afraid not mate , this is the first ive heard if this fault and going by the lack of responces i doubt anyone else has heard of it , id suggest you just return it to nissan to get it fixed Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
invisible_hawk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by GrantE GrantE wrote:

Hi all
We've had our 2010 N-Tec for almost 2 weeks now. Lately when engaging reverse, nothing happens on the touch screen-screen. Confused
If you had a CD playing or the radio on, the screen stays exactly where it was before you selected reverse gear.
(I read a post where the screen went white or black - cant remember which now. Ours doesn't change from whatever it was doing before).

Turn engine off and back on again, select reverse. Still no camera. Then all of a sudden (say after a 30 minute drive), select reverse, camera is working again.

Has anyone else had this problem at all? Do you think it needs a dealer take a look at it or can I try something myself.

Thanks in advance.

Hi GrantE, I'd love to know if you have got this sorted.

I have just got my QQ (Tekna 2010 1.5 DCI) and a week down the line the same thing has happened to me. I noticed it yesterday when I took it for a 1 mile journey to the shops and no camera appeared.. carried on driving for another mile or so and back on !!

Tried again today and the same thing. Cry

I'll be taking mine in for a service the week after next at Glyn Hopkin Romford, the problem is though with this type of thing is it will probably work by the time I get there.

Cheers
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm
Well almost the same...........after 1 day the USB AUX stopped playing. Audio off then on........all OK..........then day 3 the camera screen went 'snowstorm'.............next day OK.

I am keeping my beady eye on this baby Angry
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 7:59pm
Update from me on this. Although not groundbreaking, it is an update.

So I have now noticed that the camera activates at exactly the same time as the reverse light. In essence when the camera isn't working neither is the reverse light!!

I have an auto electrician coming tomorrow, so further update then.

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:53pm
hope its a simple one 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 10:56am
Ok so the auto electrician has been and gone (Not sure if I'm allowed to say who it is on the forum!).

Nice guy, who has identified the fault to be the reverse light switch on the gear box (little green thing)

Obviously he didn't have one to replace it, but the car is going into GH on Monday for a recall on the Cam Belt, so i'll ask them to quote me on replacing it.

Once it's changed I'll update everyone.Wink
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:00pm
Update....

All sorted, it was the reverse light switch.

GH have replaced it for £95 :-)
ALUMINIUM - 2010 Tekna 1.5 DCI
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by invisible_hawk invisible_hawk wrote:

Update....

If it's a 2010 model, wouldn't this be covered by the 3 year warranty?
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisible_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by chrisw99 chrisw99 wrote:

Originally posted by invisible_hawk invisible_hawk wrote:

Update....

If it's a 2010 model, wouldn't this be covered by the 3 year warranty?

Yeah it ran out 2 weeks before I brought it. But I'm covered for 3 months from where I brought it. To be honest I would have paid £95 if I had to as it was so annoying not to have the reverse camera working.
ALUMINIUM - 2010 Tekna 1.5 DCI
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic