UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Internal door handle replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internal door handle replacement
    Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:04am
Morning all,

The chrome effect has started to peel off my drivers door internal handle.

Does anyone know if it's easily available other than through Nissan? They want around £80 for one and said its a common part?

Thanks in advance?

Kind Regards
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:24am
Phone Hills Salvage, they deliver all over the country.
Or see what they have on FleaBay...
Hills Salvage

Edited by Tiffany - 25 Apr 2014 at 8:32am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 7:01pm
Hi QashqaiCox,

Got the same problem on the same door but not replaced it yet. Have seen them on Ebay for about £30 but in the mean time I just wrapped a bit of sellotape around it.

2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
QashqaiCox View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:06pm
Thanks guys, much obliged!

In looking to sell, once I've got my new one, so need to tart up the little bits :-)

Thanksandthat
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 11:43pm
ebay has a way where you can search for multiple alternative words, try this search:

qashqai (interior,inside) door (trim,handle,handrail,panel)

2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
Barryboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 4:30pm

I used one of my wife's very fine emery boards to gently file away the rough edges.  Seems to have worked.

Rob
Machines were mice and men were lions, once upon a time.... now it's just the opposite - it's twice upon a time
AKxx70 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKxx70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 10:33pm
I have exactly the same issue. Things like this should not have happened at all - this shows how cheaply the QQ is built. And I noticed about the chrome effect peeling off only after I saw blood on my finger as the result of it being cut by the painted film!

I also have another issue with the back door handle coming off.. A colleague of mine has managed to call Nissan HQ and battle with them to get a case raised, then they could print the letter from Nissan and get it replaced for free! Worth trying.

Honestly, things like door handles should not break on cars and I have never seen anything like that on any other car.

Edited by AKxx70 - 21 Aug 2015 at 10:46pm
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:50pm
Piggy backing onto this thread has anyone fitted the aftermarket interior door handles that sell for under £20 each on eBay? If you have what is the opinion are they any good do they last or do they peel or break quickly any info would be appreciated.
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:03pm
Yep , I for one think the quality of the coating on the qq stink, from the 2 year mark the internal door handle chrome peeling on both fronts, and sharp! Someone cut there finger on it, anything you touch wears away, the chrome colour coatings on the gear knob, the volume wheel the release knob on handbrake, the rubbery coatings on the trims peel.... It's crap, dads got a 25 year old car, nothing like that! And many other cars didn't used to do that, seems modern cars all suffer from the rubbish quality these days , so much for advanced technology too.... Could go on, but I feel like I'm tiggerging my lovely qq off😂 seriously though, the qq is better then most for the price, and cos I bought it I can't just say leave it to the dealer, cos they charge an arm and leg
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
Tiggerging lol?? And put tiggerging!
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
Ok, who censored that word😂😂😂
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:06pm
When you melt metal you get a lot of tigger to clean up
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 3:07pm
Hahahaha! A bit PC AINT IT!
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 9:18pm
AKxx70  I am fairly new to this car( about 6 months) and I had the same two problems. I fixed both of them in about one hour to do each job using the Haynes Manual. These two jobs saved me more than enough to pay for the manual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic