Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ipod Unit Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ipod Unit Removal
    Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 8:56am
How easy is it to take out the 6cd changer/radio out of my 58 plate acenta?

All I need to do is pull the radio out to remove the ipod connection at the back

Then I can remove the Ipod unit

Don't really want to send the car back with that in it when I bought as an extra 3 years ago
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:04am
Colin........Gemma changed over the 6cd changer for a connect...did it no problem think there is a how-to on this as CF done the same for his sister...seems ts very easy to do...no point in leaving a ipod connector in it as you payed for it....do a forum search for the how-to and the posts on it but they said it was an easy thing to do....Thumbs Up
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:22am
Originally posted by HarryN-TEC HarryN-TEC wrote:

Colin........Gemma changed over the 6cd changer for a connect...did it no problem think there is a how-to on this as CF done the same for his sister...seems ts very easy to do...no point in leaving a ipod connector in it as you payed for it....do a forum search for the how-to and the posts on it but they said it was an easy thing to do....Thumbs Up
Cheers mate will have a look around more
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:26am
Did you get email I sent last night Colin?
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by HarryN-TEC HarryN-TEC wrote:

Did you get email I sent last night Colin?
Yes and I have emailed you back with a programme called 7-Zip. It should work on your version of Windows

Edited by w1zzer - 06 Aug 2011 at 10:26am
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:01am
Just downloaded it...see if it works...Thumbs Up
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:13am
Meh. Real Geeks use PKzip command line. LoL.

as regards the iPod connector. Are you getting another Qashqai? If you're not then someone on this forum may give you a good price for it. I've got one in my car - it makes the world of difference.

w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by 2Fat2Bald 2Fat2Bald wrote:

Meh. Real Geeks use PKzip command line. LoL.

as regards the iPod connector. Are you getting another Qashqai? If you're not then someone on this forum may give you a good price for it. I've got one in my car - it makes the world of difference.

Yes I have got a 1.5d 58 plate acenta at the moment and I am trading it in for a 1.5d 61 plate n-Tec which has a USB port

So I am thinking why leave the ipod connector in it that I paid as an extra for it to go back in the showroom and some mechanic take it out and keep it

So any ideas on how easy it is to the get the radio/6cd Changer out?

Edited by w1zzer - 06 Aug 2011 at 2:48pm
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 1:41pm
I'm afraid not. Mine is a company car, so I'm not really encouraged to take it apart. 

Fortunately it the flip side is that I don't have to - or need to pay anyone else to. It all gets done for me.
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 12:18pm
Right got the ipod connector out last Saturday. A mechanic mate of mine bought his platic tools home that push out the clips to get the centre console facia out. It took all of 10mins to remove it and have everything back together.

My mate had the seatbelt warning sign wiring block uncliped so he could hang the facia up. Told me to turn the ingnition on to check the radio was ok after removing the ipod wiring from the back of the radio.

So puts it all back together and turns the ingnition on and the seatbelt warning light wouldn't go out. He said oh sh*t I have put a fault in the system now and will have to bring my machine home to plug in and clear the fault

Anyways the car is in for it's first MOT today and I tell them the seatbelt light suddenly come on when driving along. No problem sir we will get it sorted and do your MOT. Which is what they did. They cleared it with their machine and said the problem had happened before. I wonder if it was when they put the ipod unit in the first time

So I am in the dealers and the motabilty guy is telling me about my new qashqai and that it's coming in a month early but I can't have it till it's due date. So they are going to lock it up in a sucure compund to stop everybody looking over it

So there I was this morning..watching the tele reading the papers and having unlimited amounts of coffee. Glad I found out where the loo wasLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic