UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Isofix mounting points

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blusox69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isofix mounting points
    Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:35pm
Hi,

We've had a Qashqai for 2 years now, and now that we have a baby on the way we need to fit a car seat. I've bought the Maxi-Cosi Familyfix isofix compatible base. In it's manual it states it's possible to fix it to the 2 outside seats of all 2007 onwards Qashqais. However I couldn't find the anchour points so removed the base of the rear seats only to find what I assume are the anchour points but about 3-4 inches lower down that I need them to be. It almost looks like the brackets holding the mounts are upside down. Anyone know if this is the case?
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:55pm
cant help but im sure someone will be able to but welcome anyway blusox
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:55pm
Hi and welcome blusox69,
There was a post about that a few weeks ago, try the search function to find it.Thumbs Up 
blusox69 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blusox69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 5:56pm
Thanks,

Glad it's such a friendly sounding forum :-)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 6:00pm
Lots of friendly helpful people on here blusox.  LOL
anteg View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anteg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:39pm
Blusox69

stick your hand between the outer read seats (middle row on +2) and back rest. You should feel 2 clips that are like big black metal staples, approx 4cm wide. Difficult to see as they are hidden by seat padding but ok for every isofix seat I ever had.

If too low I think you have found the boot anchor points. Any nissan dealer will be able to point them out to you
Bye bye Nightshade 2.0 Petrol Tekna Squashy+2, Hello Magnetic Red 1.6 Diesel Squashy+2
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 7:00pm
"The ISOFIX system anchors are located at the
rear of the seat cushion near the seatback on
the rear seat. Labels are attached to the seat
cushion to help you locate the ISOFIX system
anchors (as illustrated)."
 Try sticking your hand in-between the seat and the back rest. You should find 1 anchor at each end.

Oh bugger! It took me so long to write this and reply, someone else has. I was trying to cut and paste the image from the manual. Embarrassed  But it is has security. Done it now.

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 24 Sep 2010 at 7:08pm
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 7:44pm
lol..it took you nearly 2 hours!?  That's putting in a shift for the team!  It matters not..its the effort that counts and your diagram clearly shows how the .....isorix....system works Geek

Edited by Cowpers - 24 Sep 2010 at 7:45pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:17pm
My excuse is I got interrupted with visitors who wanted me to find them an address in London (Eton  ave., ) and my lad wanting me to add a new remote to the Wii and create a Mii that looked like him on the new Wii console here. LOL

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 24 Sep 2010 at 8:18pm
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:31pm
Oh..well totally justified..spending quality time with your boy is to be commended at all times Tongue
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:35pm
The trouble with that quality time was that after all that and I beat him at tennis he through the new bloody remote across the room. Angry BUGGER LOL
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:37pm
lol....I'm like that with the swordfighting on Sports Resort...my boy gets so embarrassed Ouch
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:49pm
It really was £40 a throw LOL
blusox69  did you get the baby seat fitted?
montydruitt View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montydruitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 1:17pm

Could anyone confirm if the isofix points in the Qashqai+2 are "universal" fittings?

Thanks.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 2:09pm
Hi & welcome montydruitt,
Sure someone will answer your Q.Smile
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:58pm
As far as i know ISOFIX is an industry standard, any isofix system will fit any isofix car, they should all have the same dimentions.
Coach View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 7:42pm
Long time since I've posted and long time since this post has been active but since I am now expert in the child safety field thought i'd post-it.
Isofix is an industry standard manufacturer and will work only with isofix products and fittings.

What may confuse some folk with the QQ fittings is that the isofix fixing loops are not through the gap
between the seat and backrest cushioning.  The loops are actually in small openings (one in the seat belt hole) near the back of the seat section marked with small "isofix" tags.

Many isofix bases have small plastic guides that can be fitted to the loops to provide an easier entry for subsequent use.

I hope this clarifies things.
"Scheme me up, Botty"
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 9:22pm
Thanks for the good info CoachBig smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
benny260z View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny260z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:05am
Hi All,

Hate to dig up an old thread but really need some help with this.

I have a December 2011 Build Dualis/Qashqai 5 Seater and it doesn't have isofix. Im wondering if someone could confirm where the points are located? 

Are they integrated into the seats or the chassis and poke through? If so are the points bolted to the chassis or welded? Some pics would be great if possible.

Thanks Guys,

Ben

benny260z View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benny260z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:32pm
anyone??
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 10:51pm
I've got a +2 and the isofix points are integral to the middle row seats.  This may not be the same for the 5-seater.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic