Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Reviews 2006 - 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Ist impressions of Tekna 1.6dci 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruiser bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 8:48am
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Bruiser
If you are still here please let us know what you choose next - it will have to be good I guess.

Well, you are going to think I've lost my marbles but it kind of supports my reasons for being dissatisfied with the Nissan, which where that the basic chassis and engine is fine, it's the refinements that should be present in a top of the range car that had been done to the lowest degree possible, ie, electric heated seats that only just work and all the other bits I mentioned.

So, I have test driven every comparable car with the exception of the new Seat and have decided to go for a slightly lower spec car with a slightly smaller and smoother, more economical engine.

I figure if I don't buy the top spec features than I can't be disapointed with them?

So the next car shares the same chassis and running gear, so by now you will have guessed, it's the Renault Kadjar, a couple of models down from top spec.  My only reservation being the reliability, just trusting that improvements have been made or that I did indeed get a Friday afternoon car last time
Senile?. Me? Senile?, I haven't finished being juvenile yet
Qashqai 1.6edci Tekna stop/start thingy, new 21/10/13??

Black met, did I mention the Spanish inquisition?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 3:04pm
Reviews are good. Basically a Qashqai but with a couple of years to look at and incorporate any improvements it should be good.

Let us know.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
bruiser bill View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruiser bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 6:05pm
2 days into ownership and my views are that I bought correctly.

Only after viewing/getting to know the guts of this car did I really realise why I hated the Old, (63 new) qashqai. It is simply because it is an old design, older than the 8 year old car I sold to get it'

The new Renault feels totally up too date. 

My initial criticisms, only 2;

The stop start button is ludicrously placed directly behind both the left hand side of the steering wheel and the headlight stalk, no driver of any statute can see it without moving.

2ndly the remote keyfob is the most effeminate car key I have ever seen. You get 2, both the size of a credit card but 13mm thick. 1 is a girly glossy white, the other a more matt utilitarian finish, both too thick for a wallet and no hole/lug/possibility to attach it to a key ring, it's a handbag gizzmo, not for blokes who have big bunches of keys

I won't compare the Renny V Niss any further, comments below apply to both as they share the engines and chassis  spec sand as I'm sure many will migrate one way or t'other I'll include them

1500 V 1600, 1.5 much quieter, much smoother and considerably less powered, your choice

Detuned ECO2 option is a viable addition but only for super saver or lazy drivers.

Equipment levels probably lower per £ on Renny, but does what it promises

Economy?, yet to be proved at 50 miles old, but the zero at dealership and 12 mile semi urban roads gave 74 mpg

Enough rambling,  it's a Qashqai forum but the points are very valid for folks who like these chassi options

Cheers

Senile?. Me? Senile?, I haven't finished being juvenile yet
Qashqai 1.6edci Tekna stop/start thingy, new 21/10/13??

Black met, did I mention the Spanish inquisition?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic