UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

J11 - air con not cold enough - dealer no help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J11 - air con not cold enough - dealer no help
    Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:11pm
Hi,

After a new condensor was fitted just over a month ago I’ve noticed that the air con no longer feels ‘cold’, there is also a noticeable hissing noise, but only when the air con is on (is this normal?). It went into Toomey Nissan today and they checked the temperature using a sensor gun on all vents, which read 16c which they reckon is normal, also checked for any leaks and also checked the flaps that work the duel zone climate control and they are fine also. Now I’m left with a car that barely has any air con and whilst they’ve said to bring it back if still no good, the service advisor didn’t seem to have an answer on what they could do next.

Way things are going Nissan will be added with Renault as manufacturers not to buy cars from.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:07am
Temperature from the vents when the air con is set to LO should be around 6C, same kind of temperature as a fridge.

Normally your hand would feel icy cold after just a few seconds.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:29pm
Thanks ChrisW, NCS are now involved an after getting a second opinion it was confirmed what you already knew. Toomey Nissan are going to have another look Thursday week and as mentioned by NCS, should seek guidance from their internal tech team.

However, should it help them, is the hissing noise (which only happens when the air con is on) normal?
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:39am
I have my air con on 100% of the time, and never heard a hissing noise so that does sound like a problem.

PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:00am
Hissing? I would say there is a pipe leak, behind the passenger vent. I have heard of this a few times.

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
Thanks guys, makes sense to me that something is leaking. Bit disappointed though that this wouldn’t have alerted the Nissan Technicians, but then I do believe that they are great at replacing parts, but because that’s all they really do, they’re not so hot when it comes to investigating problems.
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 10:34pm
Well today Toomey Nissan have taken another look and now found that a pipe is leaking, one that comes straight from the condenser by the looks of it (why they didn't spot this last week I'll never know).

To compound matters I asked for them to clean the car (at my cost) and have failed to do so.

I'm now waiting for NCS to come back to see if they will help with the cost of replacing the pipe and have also sent a lengthy email to Toomey HQ making a complaint.

All in all I have little faith with Nissan Franchises, we jumped ship after Glyn Hopkin Romford once forgot to MOT our previous Qashqai and the straw the broke the camels back was when they left it till 5pm on a Friday to tell me that on our current Qashqai the indicator on the right wing mirror wasn't working and as such failed the MOT and that I couldn't have the car back until it had been sorted (being an MOT failure, even though a valid MOT was in force).
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:04pm
I thought the condenser was replaced a month ago - so if the pipe thats coming from it is leaking, that's surely covered by the 12 month parts/labour guarantee you would have for that work??

Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 5:21pm
Looks like they wanted to charge me (assume a pipe they didn't replace first time) however after sending a lengthy email to complain, they've now agreed to pay for it, give the car a CF1 Full Valet (anyone know to what extent of cleaning that actually is) and also a full tank of fuel.

They were very apologetic to say the least.

Car is now booked in for next Thursday.
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 31 minutes ago at 7:29pm
So the car never went in last Thursday as the part never arrived. Toomey Nissan upgraded the request to VIP status but now been told that there is a backlog on that part. Wouldn’t surprise me if this isn’t sorted till after summer.

Hertsjohn View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hertsjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 18 minutes ago at 11:42pm
I have just had my QQ J11 aircon system cleaned, serviced and regassed / oiled with 1234yf (new gas) by a mobile firm called "we chill any car". Excellent and recommended. £95. Much cheaper than the main dealers and very professional. Also.....very efficient now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic