UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Jack help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jack help
    Posted: 24áMará2012 at 11:57am
My 2011 N tec came without a spare & jack etc,would feel better if i had these,just been looking on ebay,plenty of nissan jacks listed,what I need is advice,does anyone think a primera jack would be ok,also could any member who has a jack with there Qashqai please measure its height fully up & any weight markings on the jack.I could message ebay sellers to check this info.
Thanks in advance.Smile 
Collabro
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
18 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna+ Vivid Blue
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 2:06pm
I don't know for sure - one automotive jack seems pretty much like another as far as I can tell, but I have seen the occasional one with unusual fittings. I don't know that the Qashqai's is like.

You could ask your Nissan dealership (some things are surprisingly reasonable - so I wouldn't rule it out) or you could also try to find one in a scrapyard. Someone is bound to have crashed a Qashqai by now.
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 3:19pm
Overall length closed 415mm, overall height closed 145mm.

Hope this helps.

Al. 

NB: On the yellow label under the T8 it says MAX 1050KG. Under NISSAN it says 99550 EQ56C

PS: This is for my July 2009 Tekna 2.0L CVT.  Suggest you verify suitability for your model with your dealer.

Edited by allan40alt - 24áMará2012 at 3:31pm
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 7:19pm
Well, that looks like a perfectly standard automotive jack. Nothing unusual about it, accept that the head (the bit above the Scissor mechanism) is a bit taller than many, probably to cope with the Qashqai's moderately higher-than-average ground clearance.

OR you could go down the ebay route. Where you can get the whole, official nissan kit for ú190.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Qashqai-Spare-Jack-Brace-Kit-Nissan-/120730355071?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1c17057f

Or just a general jack for about a tenner. Which would probably work, but may not be ideal as the proper one has that tall head on it.
rkfnaphill View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkfnaphill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 8:06pm
Hi, re spare. My2011 Ntec came without a spare, although the dealer said it had one. I made a fuss and they got me a spare, a useless get you home thing. The car came on 18" alloys, the dealer supplied a 16" spare wheel. This is not legal to run with an 18" wheel. I dumped it back on them and found a new matching wheel on e bay, great bargain at ú45.00 and got a tyre put on it. I am much happier with 5 interchangable wheels . As for the jack, these are the same as the one in my wifes Renault RX4. The Qashqai is a joint product of Nissan/Renault. Regards..
RKF.
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by allan40alt allan40alt wrote:

Overall length closed 415mm, overall height closed 145mm.

Hope this helps.

Al. 

NB: On the yellow label under the T8 it says MAX 1050KG. Under NISSAN it says 99550 EQ56C

PS: This is for my July 2009 Tekna 2.0L CVT.  Suggest you verify suitability for your model with your dealer.

Alan do you mean height up is 415mm,closed 145mm

Collabro
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 10:23pm
No;  both measurements are in the closed position.

ie: as you see it in the photo's. Length is from the outside edge of the winding ring to the opposite side and the height is from the base to the top with the slot.  I didn't wind it up as that would not necessarily have given usable info as (in use) the jack may only have to be wound up half way to locate under the car and maybe three-quarters to raise the wheel off the ground.

Luckily I have never had to use it. 

Edited by allan40alt - 24áMará2012 at 10:34pm
jbb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áMará2012 at 11:01pm
With ref to the 16" spare wheel been illegal, technically that is correct but found this on the AA site.

Non-standard spare wheels

Tyres for emergency use only

You must always make sure that tyres on the same axle are of the same size and aspect ratio - your car will fail the MOT test if they're not - but the law makes an exception for temporary use spare wheels fitted in an emergency.

Temporary use spare wheels - non-standard spare/skinny spare - are increasingly being supplied as standard by car manufacturers to save space and weight. Generally these will be narrower than the standard size car tyres.

You can find details of any operating restrictions in the handbook, and the spare tyre itself should be clearly marked too. Maximum speed is usually restricted to 50mph for safety reasons.

Space-saver wheels are designed for temporary use to enable the vehicle to be driven to a place of repair. There is no maximum distance but due to the speed restriction, limited tread depth (only 3mm from new) and the fact that the tyre compound is often softer to simulate the traction capabilities of a wider tyre, the distance covered before repair should not be excessive.

You should aim to get the original car tyre repaired or replaced as soon as possible.

2011 1.5dci N-Tec, Magnetic Red, Mud flaps, Internal white LED's and Club sticker.
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áMará2012 at 12:42pm
Pictures look different to the ones I have seen on ebay,top looks higher,i have sealant & compressor but think i would prefer a spare,not that I have had a puncture for years,may try a online parts search for a full kit,see what prices I get back

Edited by balithbe - 02áMayá2012 at 9:55pm
Collabro
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áMará2012 at 1:17pm
Tony C View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áMará2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by balithbe balithbe wrote:

.....not that I have had a puncture for years......

I sense a bit of fate tempting!!
2012 2.0 +2 N-Tec+ 4WD CVT in Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic