UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership Rewards - Paid member access only. > The Cafe > Other Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Jos sticks...QQ CAMERA CLUB!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 97>
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jos sticks...QQ CAMERA CLUB!!!
    Posted: 23 Dec 2011 at 11:27pm
remember those old ink pattern things the shrinks used to use? (am I giving too much away here?).

Well, was playing with jos stick smoke tonight and replicating the old ink stains on paper then folding it in half.

My first ever attempt produced this and for me it resembles some kind of (Indian) God?

A couple of hours later (and maybe too much single Malt) and I come up with this...

Me? I see an alien baby in a womb with sperm trying to impregnate it?????

Edited by Fee - 10 Feb 2012 at 6:35pm
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 12:38am
Last one (for today)

Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 8:22pm
txs Fee :) am sure they will be more fun to do when I've sorted out my exposure issues (careful).

And yes, must get my photography mojo back in the new year (I have a couple of ideas for some 'novel' pics).

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 9:43pm
Dame Edna Everidge or the alien from American Dad?

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

cant be as8ed to photobucket it but if you rotate it 180 its santa woohoo

ooh, good spot :)

these are such fun!

Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 10:21pm

Edited by Kashmir - 14 Apr 2012 at 2:35pm
Tapir: Acenta 2l petrol 4wd faded denim left drive from 20/09/2010 to 18/11/2013
Beetroot: Acenta 1.5dci magnetic red steering on the wrong .. oh wait ..right hand side from 28/05/2014
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 10:55pm
ooh, very nice sky and looks like you live in a nice spot :) Never seen nice skies like that here (when I've had me camera).

When I made the decision to (mainly) go with L series lenses one deciding factor was filters for the future. All the lenses I'd use polarizers or ND's on are 77mm so just one fitting ring required :

Yup, when the LB1 came out I dismissed it as a gadget but when the composer came out I decided to give it a whirl as I was currently playing with a homemade pinhole lens (a lens cap with a pinhole mounted on a £2.5k body lol).

Extenders? I'd be wary sticking a 2x converter on anything other than expensive glass (but am a snob). Much easier to shoot with what you have then crop - and the 60D has plenty of MP's even for printing out your result.

There is a thread on here somewhere where I posted many of my fav pictures if you wanna go hunt ;)

Have you ever been to www.dpchallenge.com? I'm (currently) an inactive member but hope to contribute there again in 2012 :)

Back to the LB, I'm proud to have the highest scoring Composer shot at the above site...

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 11:25pm
lol Kashmir but don't tell anybody this 'secret'. Often when using 'non standard' lenses you can use mistooks as Art ;)

Here's a LB shot I like...

It's of the statue we have on the Tobermory front but 'fooled' lots of viewers that thought it was a real person ;)

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 7:37pm
and whats a Nicephore when its at home??

Edited by Kashmir - 14 Apr 2012 at 2:37pm
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 8:45pm
oh old Nicephore ?? an old pal of mine ... invented something a while ago :
Photography
One of the two earliest known evidences of seminal photographic activity, made by Nicéphore Niépce in 1825 by the heliograph process. This illustration is of an etching printed from a metal plate that was etched following alteration of the ground by sunlight; the image is of a 17th-century Flemish engraving showing a man leading a horse.
Nicéphore Niépce's earliest surviving photograph of a scene from nature taken with a camera obscura,
View from the Window at Le Gras (1826)

Niépce took what is believed to be the world’s first photogravure etching, in 1822,[11] of an engraving of Pope Pius VII, but the original was later destroyed when he attempted to duplicate it.[11] The earliest surviving photogravure etchings by Niépce are of a 17th century engraving of a man with a horse and of an engraving of a woman with a spinning wheel. Niépce did not have a steady enough hand to trace the inverted images created by the camera obscura, as was popular in his day, so he looked for a way to capture an image permanently. He experimented with lithography,[12] which led him in his attempt to take a photograph using a camera obscura.[13] Niépce also experimented with silver chloride, which darkens when exposed to light, but eventually looked to bitumen, which he used in his first successful attempt at capturing nature photographically. He dissolved bitumen in lavender oil, a solvent often used in varnishes, and coated the sheet of pewter with this light capturing mixture.[14] He placed the sheet inside a camera obscura to capture the picture, and eight hours later removed it and washed it with lavender oil to remove the unexposed bitumen.

He began experimenting to set optical images in 1793. Some of his early experiments made images, but they faded very fast. Letters to his sister-in-law around 1816 indicate that he found a way to fix images on paper, but not prevent them from deterioration in light. The earliest known, surviving example of a Niépce photograph (or any other photograph) was created in 1825.[3] Niépce called his process heliography, which literally means "sun writing".[15] Nevertheless, semiologist Roland Barthes, in a Spanish edition of his book "La chambre claire", "La cámara lúcida" (Paidós, Barcelona,1989) shows a picture from 1822, "Table ready", a foggy photo of a table set to be used for a meal.

Starting in 1829[16] he began collaborating on improved photographic processes with Louis Daguerre, and together they developed the physautotype, a process that used lavender oil. The partnership lasted until Niépce’s death in 1833. Daguerre continued with experimentation, eventually developing a process that little resembled that of Niépce.[17] He named this the "Daguerréotype", after himself. He managed in 1839 to get the government of France to purchase his invention on behalf of the people of France. The French government agreed to award Daguerre a yearly stipend of 6,000 Francs for the rest of his life, and to give the estate of Niépce 4,000 Francs yearly. This arrangement rankled with Niépce's son, who claimed Daguerre was reaping all the benefits of his father's work. In some ways, he was right—for a good many years, Joseph Nicéphore Niépce received little credit for his significant contribution to the development of photography. Later historians have reclaimed Niépce from relative obscurity, and it is now generally recognized that his "heliographic" process was the first successful example of what we now call photography[14]: an image created on a light-sensitive surface, by the action of light.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nic%C3%A9phore_Ni%C3%A9pce

Tapir: Acenta 2l petrol 4wd faded denim left drive from 20/09/2010 to 18/11/2013
Beetroot: Acenta 1.5dci magnetic red steering on the wrong .. oh wait ..right hand side from 28/05/2014
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 10:52pm
don't know why but have a bit of a headache after 'creating' this one....

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 8:43pm
I blame Kashmir for 'making' me order some pocket wizards! got my Mini TT1 and Flex TT5 New Years Eve :) (they allow me to trigger off shoe flashguns via Radio/wireless methods).

first bit of smoke whilst paying with my new toys...

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 11:53pm
lol Kashmir, you owe me about £350 then ;)

tbh I'm more of a 'real' fotog than fractals but am loving my time playing with smoke :)

lol at the Leprechauns, I take it you mean this one?

I'll be uploading new Smoke shots to my Smoke set at Flickr

Edited by Ecce Signum - 01 Jan 2012 at 11:54pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 11:02pm
Maybe too far removed from a photograph for me but this was 'created' from a single incense stick image...

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

Ecce... no more body parts, or lady bits....   noo

Just for you Fee, another self portrait

Not my best self portrait but one of the hardest to do as a single exposure!

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:44pm
yup, told you it was addictive and expensive!

here is a pic of me and my 'bruvvers' from 2005 (have a couple more lenses now)...

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 11:37pm
as you all probably know by now I like 'real' photography but have recently been bitten by the smoke 'art' bug and my latest 'creation' began as a single shot of jos stick smoke...

I'm still learning this smoke manipulation malarky so have been shooting medium jpegs and cropping/downsizing before editing but might just move back up to RAW images so I can print some of these :)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:38pm
thanks ladies (and Affy of course).

and Mr A, I've been eating those mushrooms you sent me as well.....

I see a horse galloping toward me!!!!!

Edited by Ecce Signum - 17 Jan 2012 at 11:39pm
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 8:33am
think we've lost EC in a smoke cloud ... maybe I'll try some smoke signals ?
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 1:12pm
... we could ask the expert on smoke signals? Mohawk ???? Embarrassed
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm
Ah right. I have been reading the threads but i'm afraid they lost me on the camera stuffLOL.
However i can suggest this:-

How to Send a Smoke Signal

The first thing you'll need to create a smoke signal is a fire. Build your fire in an open area as high up as you can. Your goal is to have the signal seen from many miles away, so a clearing at the top of a mountain is a good location. After you have a good fire going, add grass and green sticks and branches to your fire. This will smother the flames and create a dense, white smoke.

To send your message, wet a blanket to keep it from burning and throw it over your smoking fire. Once the trail of upward smoke has ceased, pull the blanket off to send a white puff skyward, and then put the blanket back on. This will send a one puff message. What message it conveys is up to you and your recipient. You can repeat this action to create a two puff and three puff message.

While this sounds like an extremely basic form of communication, you need to remember that it's what the puffs of smoke represent that counts. The messages that Native American tribes sent were simple, but very important. Here are a few of the common signals used by the Apache Indian tribe:

• One puff -- Sending a single plume of smoke would commonly be an attention signal. This meant that something unusual was going on, but there's no cause for alarm or imminent danger. It was commonly a sign to watch for further signals.
  • Two puffs -- A two puff signal meant that all was well and that camp was established and safe. It indicated that they would stay at their current location until further notice. If the camp was more permanent, a continual two puff message was sent to let neighboring bands know that permanent camp was near and safe. It was an important message, as Native American tribes often moved camp according to the seasons, the availability of resources and for safety.
  • Three puffs -- This was an alarm signal. Indians warned of approaching enemies or marked the beginning of a battle with this signal. Continuous single columns of smoke indicated greater danger and a call for help.

Edited by mohawk - 21 Jan 2012 at 5:01pm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:48pm
... shall we proceed to the top of the mountain ? ... thank you kind redskin your widom is greater than white woman's Big smile 
Two puffs it shall be !!!! (I've stopped smoking !!!! very proud very proud (pats herself on back - ouch shoulder out of joint)

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:05pm
Looks like I'm not the only one that smokes 'stuff' lol

Well done on the quitting Kashmir!

This 'creation' from a single smoke image has actually taught me a lot about photoshop but still need to find a way to fix the shadow that isn't reflected in the glass orb.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 10:52pm
Think I know what you mean kashmir, probably a perspective thing ;) And yes, the first one I posted here is technically more accurate but maybe not as pleasing.

As for your 'Rhone' image I'm on the laptop and it looks fine to me though it's more 'essence of trees' here and (for me) adds to the mood :) The trees in the left third are easily visible and the restare as I say 'essence of tree' ;)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:33pm
nope, don't do 'reading' often :(

my latest 'creation'

I think I was in a paranoid mood at the time lol

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:03pm
Ecce... any ideas if i could that as a phone wallpaper/screensaver it is sooooo gorgeous

Fee xxxx
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:06pm
I was thinking of a photo mock up Ecce otherwise Fee will donate hers in exchange for permission to use the pic as wallpaper...she's also closer to you
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:10pm
Sure Fee, the image above should be fine as phone wallpaper, I use one myself - go fill ya boots but remember to tell all the people that see it that it cost you a fortune ;)

And Cowps, might try a mock up sometime :)
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 5:01pm
A bit rough Cowps (am a beginner at spraying cars lol) but you can get a rough idea ;)

I think most of us know whose car I ruined (so apologies Craig, it should wash off).

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:30pm
Cheers Ecce, all on my phone now.... lovely,,,,

fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:38pm
.. how very unfair !!!! its always the same as gets the bling :( ... looks very nice !!!! attaboy Andi !!!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:46pm
MP Fee, invoice is in the post ;)

And lol Kashmir, the Swiss don't know what they are missing not understanding your wit ;) Do we have a pic of the tapir here?
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:53pm
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

Probably not, under 6 feet of snow.....

LOL Thumbs Up

... dunno if Andi can do doors ? he'll have to kneel in the snow :(
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 6:56pm
... innt the Tapir a sight for sore eyes ???? I'd forgotten how he looks clean ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 97>
  Share Topic