Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Membership
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just joined with new (old) Qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just joined with new (old) Qashqai
    Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 12:21am
Hello,
I have just joined after buying a Silver 2009 Acenta 1.5dci at the weekend.
It's got full service history and is exceptionally clean inside. The body looks very clean but on closer inspection it has slight blemishes and scratches on most of the panels but nothing major.
It's only done 42k so in the grand scheme of things is very low mileage.

Most things work including the bluetooth phone connection. Aircon is good but not freezing cold. The radio has tuned up ok and sounds good, I don't like loads of base so turned it down and tweaked the treble and it sounds fine.
The odd thing is the computer display between the clocks (mpg, mph etc) doesn't appear to work and the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel have no affect. The cruise buttons on the right are all ok and cruise works as expected. Has anyone any experience of this? It's got 12 months warranty but I don't mind having a play providing I don't get too dirtyLOL I wondered if it might be a fuse or relay problem.

Obviously it's no racing car but pulls and drives ok. I have no record of a cambelt change so will plan that in. I don't like the driver's seat and am struggling to find a good position so have bought a wedge shaped cushion for the seat, I find the front too high and the rear too low.

It does seem a little noisy at the rear but I'm not sure what it is, I did find the tailgate catch loose and have tightened it but it might need adjusting. My son bounced it up and down today but there were no knocks or clonks, I'll keep listening. I came from a Toyota Prius which is a very quiet car so Maybe I'll get used to it.

If anyone has clues on my few issues I'd be very grateful.

Thanks.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 4:31pm
Welcome to the forum - Sorry cant help you on this particular problem but sure somebody will pop round soon.
Cheers
Doug
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
demag View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 11:00pm
Thanks for the welcome Doug much appreciated.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic