Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just purchased QQ now LOADS of issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just purchased QQ now LOADS of issues
    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:14am
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 2015 Diesel QQ 6 weeks ago for a main dealer. 58k on the clock, full service history, 1 years MOT and service. Paid £9.5k.

Literally the next day started having issues, one of the tyre pressures was wildly larger than the others so had to take to garage to release some pressure, then a few days later warning lights for stop/start fault. Took the kids to the zoo for the day 2 weeks later and the car starts flashing every warning light known to man and broken down on motorway with two tiny kids in the back - terrifying. Was apparently a fuel injector so was fixed under warranty.

Now, since we have had it back having SO many issues.

1) Car does not start properly, takes about 5 seconds and sometimes doesn't work so have to do it a few times
2) stop start is still not working, doesn't stop sometimes and when it does it randomly starts back up again for no reason.
3) car is juddering badly, i feel like a lot of the time but in particular 1st hear feels like you are going to stall all the time. ** most concerning**

Booked in car for 2 weeks time but in meantime took to a local garage as was concerned on safety to drive. When they fixed the fuel injectors (4 weeks after buying car) i was told the brakes were at 70% and were an advisory (despite being MOT'd days before I bought it) and this new chap told me they were at 70% but also severely scored and corroded. He also said a significant judder in 1st, and he also found some issue with the CRANK and the CAN which he says is why it's not starting properly.

Basically 1) I don't feel safe driving my children in this car anymore as it seems to be riddled with issues. and 2) I'm worried the clutch issue is going to be a big issue and that they won't cover under warranty. Any ideas what it could be?!

I'm writing an email to dealer today to say I'm not happy and car is not fit for purpose or satisfactory, but I need some help here or some more info to help me fight my corner....
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 7:22am
It seems the dealer pulled a fast one on you....

Is there the possibility to return the car for a full refund as it was sold in an "unsafe" condition in the UK laws? I'd try that...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Gordon83 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordon83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 12:59pm
Thanks. I have written officially to the dealer and used the terms listed on CAB which states I want them to repair the issues at their cost as I don't feel safe and car is not satisfactory etc. Sent the email yesterday to the dealership manager and have had nothing back at all, not even acknowledgment of my email! This morning it took me 6 goes of trying to start the car and nothing happening.

Feel like I will have a fight on my hands. More annoying as I part ex'd my old car for this one, and my old car had NEVER let me down once in the 4 years of owning it and the garage are now selling it on for more than double what they gave me for it. I'm half tempted to tell them to give me my old car back and refund me!
CAT17 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAT17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:33pm
I feel your pain! Regretting trading in our “reliable” Avensis. I’m willing to go to the top in Nissan as really not happy with our 4 year old QQ which has an oil leak 😡
Will follow your post with interest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic