UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

K9K 1.5 DCi - Down on Power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apmcook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: K9K 1.5 DCi - Down on Power
    Posted: 18áFebá2018 at 12:42pm
Hi Guys 
Drove my wife's' Qashqai for the first time for ages the other day only to find it had very poor acceleration and if it were a petrol I'd say it also had a misfire associated with a bad plug - and only happy to trundle along the motorway at 70 ish and at 2-3k rpm.
(Why is it they then say - yeah been like that for a while now!!)

Any how.. checked replaced the air filer - replaced the MAF - and dismantled and cleaned the EGR assembly - it was not too bad TBH. Put it all back together and test drove - ran slightly better but still no great acceleration - noticed that when accelerating hard (foot to floor) it did smoke quite badly. 

I have noticed in dismantling the air inlet hose (from the air cooler) that fits to the where the boost sensor is located and on through the accelerator housing is quite oily Unhappy - which indicates (to me anyway) that I'm looking at a potential Turbo issue? 

EGR - I was going to block this off but I have welded assembly so have given up on that idea. 

I have some codes (using EOBD Facile) which could be influencing each other - 
P0110-75 - Intake Air Temperature - Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1) 
P2263-49 - Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost System Performance
P0381 Glow Plug/Heater Indicator - Circuit Malfunction
and some more MAF instances

The car is a 2010 model and has just clocked over 210k miles 

Any help in further diagnosis would be greatly received and appreciated - 

...next question is probably going to be how easy / hard is it to replace the turbo under home workshop conditions 

Cheers
Paul

TDD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áJulá2018 at 7:28pm
Fuel filters need to be changed regularly, my 2008, 1.5 diesel started to play up and the fault code showed injector No2.. luckily my mechanic suggested I gamble on a new fuel filter before doing anything about the injector even though the garage should have changed it during a service.
Anyway I changed it and it fixed the problem
Neil
Pearsongs View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearsongs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áAugá2018 at 11:26am
Hi, I'd be interested to know how you got on.
Recently bought a 2013 2.5 dci tekna diesel which developed a mysterious lack of oomph! got a recall notice regarding an ECM update to do with the air intake system.
Had it done yesterday and it drove back like a tortoise, stuttering, now power, like no turbo.
Before, an EM light was on and it showed it needed a glow plug, replaced it, no difference.
Wondered if you had any advice as we are taking it back today.
Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic