Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > My Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Key ID not recognised

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dockpudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Key ID not recognised
    Posted: 12†Jul†2018 at 3:07pm
I have a 2015 N-tec, had it 3 months and Iím constantly having problems with the key ID not being recognised when trying to start it. Been into the Nissan dealer who canít find anything wrong with the key. Can anyone recommend what I can do.
I have changed the batteries
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12†Jul†2018 at 6:20pm
Is it just the one key giving problems - try another new battery?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
Dockpudd View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dockpudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12†Jul†2018 at 6:59pm
Hi Gloucester
Itís both keys and both have new batteries. It went into Nissan last Friday and of course it started every time, brought it home and called at a shop it wouldnít recognise the key when I got back in. Will be going back soon.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12†Jul†2018 at 7:13pm
When I bought mine it happened once or twice, then after a new battery it settled down to about once a month.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12†Jul†2018 at 7:26pm
Does the problem only occur when the car is parked in a particular location ie house driveway?  There may be a local transmitter which could be masking the key frequency.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Dockpudd View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dockpudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13†Jul†2018 at 1:23pm
Hi Doug999
No it can happen anywhere. I have just been to the supermarket and as I stopped and before I turned off the engine off it showed on the dash that Key ID not recognised. When I got back in after shopping Key ID could not be recognised, it did eventually start.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13†Jul†2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Dockpudd Dockpudd wrote:

Hi Doug999
No it can happen anywhere. I have just been to the supermarket and as I stopped and before I turned off the engine off it showed on the dash that Key ID not recognised. When I got back in after shopping Key ID could not be recognised, it did eventually start.

Try leaving your mobile phone in the house.  If you have it in the car with you, it could be masking the key frequency.  I have experienced situations when my phone and keys have been in the same pocket and been unable to unlock the car.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic