Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Key programming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Key programming
    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 4:11pm
Hello all, I really hope someone can assist me. I bought a Qashqai Visia the other day but i took a mechanic with me to check the car over. (all good) But the mechanic put his computer onto the car to check for past history faults. He said he didn't find any and after checking everything he left. I paid for the car but noticed the key fob wasn't working. The seller insisted it was working perfect before the mechanic plugged in his bomputer and to be honest it did work when i first opened the door, Now noting on the key fob works. The key is a 2 button key so i changed the battery but still nothing. I am having to manualy lock the doors. When i do lock the car no lights flash either. I contacted the mechanic but he swears he didn;t do anything to stop the fob from working so i am kinda stuck. I googled the issue but only found a solution that didn't work, that was to put the key in and out 6 times within 10 seconds and the lights will flash if i did it right but that didnt work.
I have a Visia 2010 1.6 petrol, if anyone knows how to fix this problem.
Thank you :-) 
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 11:27am
The first thing to do is check the fob battery, go to your local Nissan dealer parts department they will test the radio signal and replace the battery for around £5-£10.

Do not go to Timpsons etc as good as they are for many things they cant test the radio signal.
Mainly found at an office chair these days
Deano Essex View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deano Essex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 5:14pm
I got it sorted... I called Nissan and they told me it would cost about £400 just to investigate and to try a different key first. I asked my local garage and they fixed for me for free :-) all they did was turn the battery round the right way pmsl.. I am such a fud sometimes :-) 
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Deano Essex Deano Essex wrote:

I got it sorted... I called Nissan and they told me it would cost about £400 just to investigate and to try a different key first. I asked my local garage and they fixed for me for free :-) all they did was turn the battery round the right way pmsl.. I am such a fud sometimes :-) 

LOLLOL

I wonder how much Nissan would have charged to diagnose a wrong fitted battery?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Deano Essex Deano Essex wrote:

At least you are honest enough to admit it.  No doubt you aren't the only one who has done this.

I have thrown good lightbulbs out only to find it was a fuse that had blown...LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic