UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Latest on Air Con condensor problems?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest on Air Con condensor problems?
    Posted: 03†Mar†2018 at 10:09pm
Hi All and thanks for taking time to read my post.

Have a 2014 Acenta Premium and air con stopped working back in April last year, local Nissan dealer re-gassed at my expense and after about 3 months (maybe slightly longer) it went again. Had it serviced a coupe of weeks ago and mentioned about the air-con and theyíve said it needs a new Condensor.

Now having read various topics of people having the same problem and some, like me being told that its been caused by a stone hitting the condensor, Iíve also read that this may be not quite be the case and more likely due to a faulty unit.

The dealer has given me the number for NCS and reckons they may pay for part fo the work (either the part of labour), but as Iím struggling to see how far anyone got when the car is now outside of warranty, I would be ever so grateful if anyone could fill me in with the latest position with NCS and if they have long last recognised there is an issue with the part (or that the condensor has bee fitted in the wrong place)?

Thanks in advance.

GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2018 at 8:26am
see
https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=47465&hilit=condensor#p47465
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04†Mar†2018 at 3:08pm
Thanks GelJ.

Not looking good in that Nissan will replace the Condensor for free.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05†Mar†2018 at 10:03am
Was it in warranty when you had it regassed last April, because if it went shortly afterwards again then the fault was present then and should have been sorted when in warranty.

A new car should not need re-gassing after 3 years under normal usage.

I would complain to NCS that the problem was ignored/covered up when in warranty (if it was).

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05†Mar†2018 at 9:13pm
It would have been outside of warranty when it was regassed, though I fully suspect the fault was there when in warranty but that would be my word against theirs. I am to argue though that the dealership should have suspected something was wrong seeing as it needed regassing after 3 years.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06†Mar†2018 at 6:32am
As I understand the situation a car loses 10% of its gas each year manufacturers recommending re gas every 2 years, but not included in the service schedule.
Our had to be changed at under 6 months old ,initially dealer reception said stone damage so not warranty got service manager involved , the weld on the pipe at the end had failed. It did take a few weeks for dealer to get new one from Nissan.
Brian
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2018 at 6:38am
Just to give an update, after having to take the car back to the dealership so they could take photos for NCS, turns out that there wasnít any stone damage and was just leaking in various places. The end result is NCS agreed to pay 50% of the parts and though it was mentioned it was 3 hours work, looking at the invoice they are charged me for 1 (maybe that was the dealerships was of apologising). Not a bad result considering the car has no warranty.

Thrall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thrall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Apr†2018 at 10:16pm
Good service!
Vinnyh73 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnyh73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28†May†2018 at 9:26pm
So the sage continues, jumped in the car today and whilst there was was a slight coldness, nothing like what it should be and only seemed to come out the passeger side. So Nissan will be getting a call in the morning, but anyone know why its only coming out of one side?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic