UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

lazy rear washer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lazy rear washer
    Posted: 03áMará2016 at 3:48pm
Hi guys
We had a horrible trip on Tuesday to my auntie's funeral,wet weather and traffic in combo with a 135 mile drive to reading,and then the same back in the dark.

Anyway my rear washer decided to not spray water (it's always been lazy,but stopped completely, 2013 j10 tekna.

So with the help of this forum and it's members I decided today (a day off work) I would have a look,although it's booked in to nissan tomorrow.

While I didn't really get anywhere (other than running the battery flat,thankgoodness for jump leads and a company car

So the layout from the washer bottle in the engine bay
Infront of the drivers wheel arch under the car is a small plastic panel held on by 2 screws and 2 plastic 'plugs' no need for a jack as the Qq is nice and high,
This gap gives you access to the 2 pipes that go onto the washer bottle motor/s (not sure if it's 1 motor and a solenoid or 2 motors?) both pipes run up inside the drivers wing,the front washer pipe has a connector (not a 1 way valve) behind the black plastic cover near the bonnet support,then the pipe goes into the wiper scuttle cover.
The rear pipe goes through the bulkhead and into the cabin low down under the bonnet/ fuel release levers,then follows the route the wiring takes which is Along the sill and under the sill covers,there is joint (again no 1 way valve) below the drivers door sill.
The pipe carries on past the rear door and enters the boot on the boot floor on the right hand side,again following the wires
It goes right to the back of the boot were it starts it's climb up the car behind the right hand boot wall carpet
It then goes up behind the right hand side parcel shelf support (in my case an off white hard plastic moulding) that goes around the rear side window,the pipe is secured on its climb by a couple of black plastic clips that the pipe passes through.
Just behind the window is were the 1 way valve sits (small and black.

Now as that's an easy area to get at(remove parcel self,pull rubber boot seal away and insert a decent size flat blade and pop the trim out of its plastic clips) and it's were the pipe joins the one way valve,it's an ideal place to pop the tube off the valve and blow down the tube that travels to the washer in the high level brake light and if needed replace the 1 way valve if in doubt about a poor performing rear washer.

I mention this because the washer head seems hard to get at to see if it's blocked due to how small it is and it's position in the brake light,but to crack the pipe and blow down the line in the direction the water travels takes all of 5 mins.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMará2016 at 12:58pm
Well according to nissan ' they all do that sir' and showed me a 12 +2 they had that was an equal trickle)

So for j10 owners

How would you describe the pressure/spray patten of water coming out the rear washer on your qashqai?
ChrissH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrissH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMará2016 at 1:31pm
I wouldnt call mine a trickle, more of a steady flow of water running down the rear window! However, i do find that it sometimes flows off the window before the wiper gets to it fully! 
Chris -
1.6 Acenta Gun Metal Grey, 12 Plate
humming View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMará2016 at 2:46pm
Definitely a full and steady flow on mine as well.
2012 1.6dci Tekna in Mineral Grey
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áMará2016 at 3:37pm
So you get a flow as opposed to a spray.
Now I know we're the components I am going to replace the non return valve,and blow air down the pipework,then if no better (and knowing the pump is a warrenty item) when it goes for its service and first mot I shall ask for it to be looked at,confident in the non warranty items (blocks in pipe of nozzle) being good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic