Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > My Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

like for like deal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: like for like deal
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:24pm
just had phone call from my dealer asking if i would be interested in doing a like for like deal.
ie.change car for new,alledgelly on same payment plan or thereabouts.
normally i get a call with a deal over phone after two and half years (pcp) which twice now i have took up the deal which was to my advantage and ended up happy with no problems.
my thoughts are,
i have been specially selected (take with a pinch of salt]
my xtrail is only 18 months old.am i correct in reading a topic on here sometime ago that dealers make money on resale of a car my age.
the question i would like to raise is as anyone else had a phone call or experiance of this.
i have a appointment for a week on friday as due to my personall prefferences if this deal is not to bad it could actually be to my advantage.
anyone had the same call or thoughts.
by the way,it is westway dealership.
60 visia black,13 360 white,now 65 xtrail white,side and front bars,window deflectors,mats,rear break light sticker,no qq club sticker.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:29pm
It doesn't matter if its a cold call or a dealer seeking repeat custom.  What matters is the final deal being offered.  If it works for you......go for it Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

It doesn't matter if its a cold call or a dealer seeking repeat custom.  What matters is the final deal being offered.  If it works for you......go for it Thumbs Up
----------------------------------
exactly what i was thinking.
there are different senarios of thinking,why change a 18month old low milage car in exellent condition.
why not wait another 12months and see what happens.
i know people have there own opinions and quite rightly so about pcp but it works for me.
i feel i am in a good position of only paying £97.00 p/m,obviosly when the 3yrs are up there will be a big payment to pay.then another decision to be made.
my way of thinking is i am now 62yrs old,if i get the same deal (or even paying a little more) i will be secure for the next 3yrs ie,servicing,warranty,new tyres etc.and when the 3yrs are up i will be 65 and who knows what i will feel like then.
the other decision now though is do i go back to the qashqai or get another xtrail.
decisions,decisions.
60 visia black,13 360 white,now 65 xtrail white,side and front bars,window deflectors,mats,rear break light sticker,no qq club sticker.
jagr68 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:09am
just agreed to change myself was offered loyalty voucher from nissan of £3000 plus £2250 off list price so ... 3yr acenta premimium being traded for N-connecta with comfort pack ... no deposit and no increase to monthly payment ...
2008 1.5DCI Acenta Urban Silver!
2011 1.5DCI Acenta magnetic Red!
2014 1.5 DCI Acenta Premium Ink Blue!
2017 1.5Dci N-Connecta _pearl Black
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by jagr68 jagr68 wrote:

just agreed to change myself was offered loyalty voucher from nissan of £3000 plus £2250 off list price so ... 3yr acenta premimium being traded for N-connecta with comfort pack ... no deposit and no increase to monthly payment ...
---------------------------------------------
just gave westway a call,going down at 10.30 lets see what it is all aboutWink
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by renault1 renault1 wrote:

Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

----------------------------------
exactly what i was thinking.
there are different senarios of thinking,why change a 18month old low milage car in exellent condition.
why not wait another 12months and see what happens.
i know people have there own opinions and quite rightly so about pcp but it works for me.
i feel i am in a good position of only paying £97.00 p/m,obviosly when the 3yrs are up there will be a big payment to pay.then another decision to be made.
my way of thinking is i am now 62yrs old,if i get the same deal (or even paying a little more) i will be secure for the next 3yrs ie,servicing,warranty,new tyres etc.and when the 3yrs are up i will be 65 and who knows what i will feel like then.
the other decision now though is do i go back to the qashqai or get another xtrail.
decisions,decisions.

I've been tempted by the X-trail 7 seater as more suitable for family outings with the grandchildren.
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 6:28pm
Help... just seen pictures of the new leaf coming in 2018 and I'm tempted. 2p per mile, 200+ range, 60kw battery. Where is the QQ phev? - I could be leaving all you nice QQ owners

2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 10:08pm
Even a 200+ mile range is not fit for everyday use...

E.g. London - Edinburgh... these are 400+ miles. You have to load the car somewhere in between. Are you sure there is a charging point available at thre right place?

Do you need heating? Do you need A/C? So the real range might be nearer to 150+ miles - you'd have to charge twice on the way from London to Edinburgh.

The e-cars of today throw us back to the stagecoach times - whereas, changing horses for a stagecoach was faster than charging an e-car...

If there will be an e-car available, I could use in the same way as my Qashqai today (range of 600+ miles even with heating or A/C) I'd swap cars at once....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:50pm
What deal are they offering regarding the batteries?  The car may have a 3yr warranty but what about the batteries?  How much to replace them with new? 
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:19pm
Lol £6000 for the battery....just starting to look into it as details are sparse. Probably pcp for 2 or 3 year is best imo. Launch date is not till september

Edited by ..QQ.. - 20 May 2017 at 7:21pm
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

Even a 200+ mile range is not fit for everyday use...

E.g. London - Edinburgh... these are 400+ miles. You have to load the car somewhere in between. Are you sure there is a charging point available at thre right place?

Do you need heating? Do you need A/C? So the real range might be nearer to 150+ miles - you'd have to charge twice on the way from London to Edinburgh.

The e-cars of today throw us back to the stagecoach times - whereas, changing horses for a stagecoach was faster than charging an e-car...

If there will be an e-car available, I could use in the same way as my Qashqai today (range of 600+ miles even with heating or A/C) I'd swap cars at once....

Blimey, how many people commute from London to Edinburgh on a daily basis. Shocked We do around 15000 miles a year which equates to 41 miles a day which is on the high side of average.

We occasionally visit my son which is a 300 mile round trip so we could plug in when we arrive to top up for the drive home. If I could afford to buy one I wouldn't hesitate to buy a hybrid or electric car.

Just playing "devils advocate" here but some times in order to move forward you have to take few steps back.Wink

I'm sure Elon Musk would provide a far better analysis than I can. But I would have thought that like any long journey you plan for stops (meals, toilet etc) and with nearly 4500 charging points around the country, the majority of which will charge 80% in 30 minutes things shouldn't be too difficult at all.Wink
If it aint broke make it go faster.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 12:04pm
@Trooper:

Well, you are correct - 90 % of the time I also drive only approx. 30 miles a day. For that any currect e-car would be sufficient. However, if I buy a very expensive car it should also cover the remaining 10 % ...
I shell out quite a lot of money and still would have to hire a car for my holiday trips or family visits? Thanks, but no thanks....

Edited by Udo2009 - 21 May 2017 at 12:04pm
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 1:19pm

@Trooper:

Well, you are correct - 90 % of the time I also drive only approx. 30 miles a day. For that any currect e-car would be sufficient. However, if I buy a very expensive car it should also cover the remaining 10 % ...
I shell out quite a lot of money and still would have to hire a car for my holiday trips or family visits? Thanks, but no thanks....

They don't suit every body mate. But from this point forward they can only get better. I am sure you remember the size of the first mobile phones and how long the battery lasted. Well look at them now and the things they can do. I for one am excited to see how they develope.
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 3:25pm
Being an 'oldie' I like the QQ"s high seat and driving position.ev's have the batteries under the floor, raising driving position so I will definitely be having a look when it is in the dealership. Whether I go for another QQ or another model....Well we will have to wait and see. I travel around 40 miles per day with the odd trips of between 100 and 300 miles. I can't see an issue stopping at a motorway service centre for 30mins to charge. It might make me consider stopping off more often for a break.. not a bad thing imo.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Trooper Trooper wrote:

... Well look at them now and the things they can do. I for one am excited to see how they develope.

You definitely have a point there... As I said before, as soon as they cover the every day need (and a bit more) I'm gonna switch...
As I don't have money to give away for nothing - the entire package has to fit.

(At the office we have a Renault Zoe as staff car - I like the beast... Just recently at a traffic light - a Porsche something alongside me - the traffic light switched to green - and the Porsche something appeared in my rear view mirror ... LOL )
Trooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by Trooper Trooper wrote:

... Well look at them now and the things they can do. I for one am excited to see how they develope.

You definitely have a point there... As I said before, as soon as they cover the every day need (and a bit more) I'm gonna switch...
As I don't have money to give away for nothing - the entire package has to fit.

(At the office we have a Renault Zoe as staff car - I like the beast... Just recently at a traffic light - a Porsche something alongside me - the traffic light switched to green - and the Porsche something appeared in my rear view mirror ... LOL )

Nice.Clap I would have loved to have seen his face.Wink
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:13am

................and?

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:15am

when the 3yrs are up i will be 65 and who knows what i will feel like then.

Fear not - it's painless LOL.

renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

................and?

jag68,
that was the same sort of deal i was expecting,no chance.
g5 boy,walked in showroom and except for one face that i reconised all sales staff had been changed,now including three young girls.
excuse the punn but i had one of these girlsWink,she had only been there for a week and have to say had no idea what she was talking about,hence i walked out after about 15minutes.
i have always rated westway ,having had three cars from them they always looked after me,but on arriving home i checked out some reviews and was amazed to see so many unhappy people over the last six months,one even asking to bring back a certain salesperson.
obviosley (cant spell)something as gone on for so many sales people to go,i also believe the service dept as all changed aswell.
therefore i will see what happens in the next 12months.
unfortunatly the only other nissan dealership in my area are total rubbish so in 12months time big decisions will after be made ,ie change from nissan etc.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:49pm
Maybe tell Nissan - who, I believe I read once, own Westway.

Either way if it loses them customers they should be aware.

At my dealership - not to be confused - WestOVER - I have dealt with the same salesman for 8 years. He's knowledgeable and non-pushy. Not any more though, as he's been promoted 'upstairs' .
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:52pm
That salesman also arranged my freebie trip to Paris and a 370Z GT as a courtesy car once
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Maybe tell Nissan - who, I believe I read once, own Westway.

Either way if it loses them customers they should be aware.

At my dealership - not to be confused - WestOVER - I have dealt with the same salesman for 8 years. He's knowledgeable and non-pushy. Not any more though, as he's been promoted 'upstairs' .
--------------------------------------- i think this is why my dealership have been exellent over the years because nissan do own westway.but dont understand all the changes from last sept on my last visit.may be irrelevent but even the car washers and valeters have changed.
i do feel something is going on with the dealership.
and yes it is nice to have a good rappor with the dealers (which i had)but sadly i think that as gone nowThumbs Down
time will tell.
jagr68 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:07pm
thats a pity picked up new car last week and everything going good
i had dealt with same salesman for last three qashqais even following him to livingston since Arnold clark dropped nissan went to Macklin motors where it transpired the saleswoman was his partner .. too spooky lol 
2008 1.5DCI Acenta Urban Silver!
2011 1.5DCI Acenta magnetic Red!
2014 1.5 DCI Acenta Premium Ink Blue!
2017 1.5Dci N-Connecta _pearl Black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic