UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Live constant Fuse Dash Cam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live constant Fuse Dash Cam
    Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 2:21pm
Good afternoon all,

Its been a while since I visited the site!

I recently purchased a 2018 Nissan Qashqai Tekna with Glass Roof to replace my 2011 Qashqai N-tec! 

Within 1 week of owning I nearly had 2 major accidents no fault of my own, luckily the brakes and quick thinking got me out of those situations.

I have now purchased a dash cam, I have installed it and run all the wires, the system is hard wired in. I am piggybacking off the Cig Lighter fuse, I tested this by simple plugging in my mobile and removing the fuse and the power cut off. Everyone does mention the gearstick area 12v is always on, well exactly after 2mins the dash cam turns off, the same thing happens in the centre console.

Has nissan changed this? I have cig lighter dash cam cable too, so i tested this and the dash cam turns off on both sockets. 

maybe they have changed it, i dont know however, is there a fuse in the box that is always live, ideally not a function that is used much.

Look forward to your responses!

Regards,

Jit
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 2:29pm
Also forgot to mention my fusebox layout is different to SJP write up, my cig lighter and power socket are next to each other no above and below as per SJP's post, if this helps.
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 3:25pm
Are you sure dashcam is not just going to screensaver mode after 2 minutes?
Check your dashcam's settings.
Have you some device/cable that you could plug into socket with a red led; does it remain on after 10 minutes?
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 3:29pm
Hi GelJ, I have the dash cam cig lighter cable which has a blue light, eventually this goes out after 2-3mins. maybe i can try another cig lighter cable for example a mobile charger. 

I can not see a screensaver setting however I will check every menu.

I am guessing nissan would have left one 12v constant?
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 4:04pm
My J11A certainly has permanent live on cigarette socket behind gear stick. Every dashcam I've ever had has a screen saver setting; some may call it something else. Mine shows 3 settings, 1 minute/ 3 minutes or OFF.
I think having screen on permanently when travelling is strictly illegal, moving images and all that.
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 7:47pm
I have got to the bottom of it! Basically the cigarette lighter 12v connection at the gear stick and the one in the centre storage are timed for 2 minutes only and do turn off. In the end I just bought a multimeter and tested directly from the fuse box. 

I guess in the latest facelift model they have changed the set up. My fusebox has a slightly different set up than the pre-facelift J11.

In the end I used a spare fuse connection (after testing it for constant live) and the dash cam works as it should without changing any settings.
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 7:48pm
Thanks Gelj for the suggestions anyway.
rickuk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áMayá2018 at 8:48pm
My J11B also turns both sockets off after a few minutes
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJuná2018 at 11:25am
If anyone is interested, the fuse slot I used is the 15a Spare on the top left, 2nd in. Its on constant and works for my parking mode on the dashcam.
bubbleman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubbleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2018 at 8:04pm
does anybody know what the fuse location for 12v front power socket 
which fuse box and what number fuse
J11 2018
JIT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2018 at 10:49am
believe its the 15amp, 2nd in from the bottom left. 
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAugá2018 at 2:41pm
may assist:
https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4239&p=53000&hilit=dashcam+wiring#p53000
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic