UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Long standing 1.5 dci buy advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long standing 1.5 dci buy advice please
    Posted: 30áNová2016 at 8:22pm
Hi, just a quick one from any nissan techs or mechanics or any knowledgable peeps on this area .
Just bought a 2008 1.5dci that's been standing for 2 years. It's a unloved dirty heap that I want to do up for my dad,
I've done all the necessary to get it to the stage of putting the key in and turning, timing belt. Yes I did, and I feel like a man! Lol, it was actually easy 😜😝.
Now, the one thing that's stopping me turning that key, is I want the oil to go through the engine without it starting, how would one best go about this on a 1.5 dci? Best method.
Btw, I had it on a recovery truck for the delivery so it wasent started.
Any help much appreciated guys, I've been dreaming about starting this car lol
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2016 at 8:36pm
Couldn't you turn it over using a spanner or socket on the crankshaft?
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2016 at 8:38pm
Thx golam for replying mate, done that when changed belts, but is that enough?
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2016 at 8:39pm
Sorry, Gollum* ( been playing clash of clans too much lol. The game )
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áDecá2016 at 6:03pm
Hi guys,
Just need someone to put my mind at rest before I get a compression test done, well I started her up, after turning crank a few more times, and at first made like a knocking noise at what I think was the top end driver side area , I shut it down. Then went googling, I'll get some opinions here first then say what I found on the net, I did start her back up, and after say a minute the knock went. It wasent a loud knock , sort of hear it over the engine running but defo a knocking. Frequency was maybe two knocks a second. Any thoughts? Thx!
Gollum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gollum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áMará2017 at 9:27pm
How'd you get on? An initial knock could be the can lifters as they would be dry and would need lubricant
2013 QQ 360 1.5 dci
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic