UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > New here then drop in and say hello...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Looks like I'm coming back to the Qashqai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looks like I'm coming back to the Qashqai
    Posted: 01áJuná2017 at 10:20pm
Greetings fellow Qq owners... been a while since I've been in here...
Weighing up the crossover club and looks like the Qashqai is winning me back ( close though as was looking at the Mazda cx5)

How good is the new shape Qq?
Not taken one for a drive yet as both times I've gone to local Nissan dealership I've been ignored...

Anyway 1.6dci or 1.5dci?
Last Qq i had was a 2.0 dci acenta 57plate

Gonna go most likely for a tekna? Unless some other model is just as good in spec...or close to it....

Counting the last few months to ditch the 3 series bmw ( never again)

rob74 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 9:25am
I too am coming back to QQ
I had a 1.6 auto a couple of years ago & we loved it but due to things out of our control it went. Fast forward to February this year & we got a 1.5 Renault Kadjar as everyone told us it was a qq in a posh French dress. It's not! So now we are waiting for the qq to arrive, we've gone with the 1.5d manual tekna 👍 After driving it on Sunday morning I couldn't believe how quick, smooth & quiet it was in comparison to the Kadjar.

I would say unless you spend most journeys full of people/luggage the 1.5 will be fine.
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 9:37am
And found out it's free road tax 👌

Really need to take one for a spin I think
Has the tekna got keyless entry and start?

Been driving the old mans 280bhp Volvo estate for the last few months (bmw killing my back) and it's kinda handy to have now

rob74 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 10:15am
TBH I can't remember if it had keyless entry but it definitely keyless start (push button)
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 12:10pm
Yes Tekna is equipped with an i key; new reg 1.5dci's are no longer
free road tax, as mine is as is 99gms re CO output. Think it's now ú140 pa.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 6:34pm
Welcome home Mick .

Tekna has the lot....!!!

QQ1 2007 Fired Iron 2.0 CVT 4WD Tekna
QQ2 2010 Magnetic Red 2.0 CVT +2 4WD Tekna
QQ3 2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 CVT Tekna
QQ4 2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT Tekna
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 8:19pm
welcome back micky boy , long time no see Thumbs Up

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2017 at 10:34pm
Thanks guys...feels nice to be home....and yes it's been a while guys...

I'm not going brand new...cause of the new tax rules ...which btw is ridiculous and unfair

I've 3 colours to go for..the blue, silver or grey...with maybe a white thrown in to mess me about an it ....don't ask for the proper names ( I'll go stand in the naughty corner )

MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJuná2017 at 2:02am
Finance sorted today for the Qq....
Looks like Ive just bought a silver tekna lol

Now then I suppose I'd better take it for a test drive...lol...

It's in Doncaster...so nice and local....NOT...
rob74 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJuná2017 at 6:44am
Originally posted by MICK74 MICK74 wrote:

Finance sorted today for the Qq....
Looks like Ive just bought a silver tekna lol

Now then I suppose I'd better take it for a test drive...lol...

It's in Doncaster...so nice and local....NOT...

Not too far from me Mick
Just be careful in Doncaster as it can be a bit rough .......... allegedly
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJuná2017 at 8:06am
Thanks for the heads up rob....it's coming from bmw of all places lol
The irony as I'm ditching my 3 series for a Qq...there's something rather satisfying about that

Down the road you say..I'll pop in for a cuppa tea then....hahahahah

belmont View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 7:14pm
hi mick74, just like you, today I bit the bullet and have bought a 2016. 1.5 dci n connecta. I sold my 2007 1.5 dci. Qashqai 18 months ago as it was getting on and bought a 1.5 note. this was another good car but I could not get my qashie out of my head as I loved it. so I will be getting it next week. its good to be back.Tongue
1.5.dci accent blue
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 7:34pm
3 series BMW was the finest car I ever had. 53 plated 335d. Had it 2 years did 140,000 miles only fault was a belt ( think it was a air con belt)
Brian
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 9:34pm
Welcome back..just over a month of ownership... it's such a pleasure to drive...ok not the most exciting drive I've ever driven but that's a good thing for me ...
I get in and out the car with no back ache... love the looks
Couple of tiny issues..steering wheel is too thin I think... pathetic horn ( now changed to double ) and a bit dead at low revs...basically turbo lag... maybe able to tweet it
Other than that I do like it
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2017 at 9:36pm
I hated the e91 .... couldn't wait to get rid of it... too low, and seats are too small and the bar at the base of the back support was right across my back...

Never going back to a bmw..certainly for me they are not the ultimate driving machine
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJulá2017 at 7:47am
I never used the e91,by then I was driving e60 and e61 had various now have a e84 X1 along with my e37(7) Z3
The seats in most BMW ,unlike the QQ do not come with lumber support, and unfortunately you have to spec and pay extra for them in the BMW ,I always have lumber and sports seats as other half has a bad back. Similarly she like the higher driving position in both the QQ and the X1.   Stupid as it may seem I actually find the most comfortable seats being in the little Z3 ,very low,and very thin but great support. That one is an ultimate drive but it's now 16 years old,and I can not see either the X1 or the QQ being as good at that age.
Brian
SheltonLy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheltonLy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2017 at 9:00am
Once you go qashqai you always go qashqai.
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2017 at 3:10pm
I never carry any lumber in my car.

I have a chronic back problem and the Qashqai's seats are the best I've found. Although I'm tempted by the Peugeot 3008 and Seat Ateca, when replacement time comes round next year it'll be the degree of support offered by the seats that is of prime concern.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2017 at 3:48pm
Unless the QQ seats have changed ours only provides a facility to push part of the back of the seat forward into your back [or away from your back] whereas with other other manufacture's the area it push's out can also  be adjusted up or down the seat.
Brian
Phil T View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 55 minutes ago at 10:05pm
Almost a week in to owning a 2012 1.6 dci Tekna, had a 2010 1.5 Note for 4 years...I think I've dropped on...it's fantastic leather, cameras, seats are super comfy (great lumber support....which is why we changed the Note.....not the most comfortable seats we found)) engine a dream. Wanted one for ages. Loving the parking aids & ride height.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic