Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Useful Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Loose boot handle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnvespa200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loose boot handle
    Posted: 17áFebá2013 at 6:05pm
Dear Members, I had a loose boot handle on my Qashqai. I have since found out that this can be a common problem. To solve it I took off the inner panel on the hatchback door. This mean't unscrewing 1 screw where the internal hand recess is. Then, from the bottom, slowly prise off the panel taking care when you feel tension, as this is where the lugs are. Once the back internal cover is off, there are 5 bolts held on by nuts in the recess. All 5 were loose, so check and tighten them all. Once done, refit and push back the cover, and job done. 10 minute job, once you know how. I hope this helps someone.
johnvespa200
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2013 at 6:57pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011..1.6Dig-T Tekna 2018
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2013 at 10:29pm
Cheers for the info Vespa man.  So let me get this right...in regards to the inside of the hatch, the lower plastic cover is removed by:

1) Single screw to undo in the hand recess.
2)Force, albeit gently, the plastic away from the door.

This gives you access to the back of the metal skin?  I ask because I have a small dent that I'm thinking about 'rolling out'.

Are you able to describe the position of the locking lugs?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
johnvespa200 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvespa200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2013 at 10:51pm
Hey Cowpers, there are about 12 lugs evenly spaced out as I remember. I damaged 1 lug, but did not realise at the time that that was all that was keeping it together. Take your time and slide your hand up to the lugs before applying extra pressure. If I remember there were about 5-6 lugs along the bottom. Hope this helps and good luck, John.
johnvespa200
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2013 at 11:15pm
It does..thanks bud....just one more thing, what did the lugs look like?  Have they got compressible sections or are they V-shaped barbs?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áDecá2014 at 3:51pm
I think a dribble of thread lock (medium strength)when nipping the nuts up would maybe save you doing the job twice if you keep the car a few years.
Or replacing the nuts with nylon nuts,access permitting
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic