UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Low power in 1st & cruise control drop out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low power in 1st & cruise control drop out
    Posted: 18áJuná2017 at 3:55pm
I've he a couple of issues with my QQ lately and going someone can help...

1st issue I've had driving round some steep hillsin Devon and the qq just cant get enough power to get up the hills. I've used it in Wales before so don't think the gradient is unusual, but after I've had a bit of a burning smell (presumably from the clutch)
Could just be the gradient can't be handled by the low end car, but seems odd... Thoughts?

Second issue was that fully loaded car kept dropping out of cruise control at ~70mph when gradient went up a bit. It needed a lower gear, sure, but is this normal or should it keep trying to power through it?

Thanks!
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2017 at 5:27pm
How old is the car? How many miles? Which engine? 1.2 l, 1.6 l petrol? 1.5, 1.6 l Diesel?

Unless the car is very old/has lotsa miles on the clock, the clutch ought not to "give up" on a steep incline.

(I had this several years ago, on the Rossfeld H÷henstra▀e in Bavaria (an incline of almost 30 %) and four people in the car, with a rather old Primera when the clutch started to slip near the top...)
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJuná2017 at 9:15pm
If your revs remain high whilst smelling something running hot/burning, it will be the clutch.    
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
latchy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote latchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áJuná2017 at 10:51pm
Cruise cuts out on mine usually when going up Rhuallt hill on the A55 as soon as it wants me to change down, I assume its normal.
vaderag View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaderag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2017 at 8:59am
Sorry for the slow replies, signal is pretty limited in Devon!

So, turns out that the issue was my wife sitting in the back with the baby. When she moved into the front it obviously sorted out the weight distribution and I had no issues with inclines any more.

I did have one issue with a start from stationary later in the week on a particularly steep slope but still managed to gradually pull it round from that one.

@Latchy - thanks for the confirmation on the cruise dropping out. Still seems a bit of an odd decision - i'd rather it kept trying (i can see the speed going down if want to drop)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic