UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Master warning light...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Master warning light...
    Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 8:48pm
Am guessing its nothing but the Master Warning Lamp (right of the rev counter) will intermittently come on whilst driving. Had a quick flick through the manual but couldn't find more details other than it (apparently) comes on with other 'warnings'? A couple of times I've noticed it come on as the external temp drops or when the change gear indicator shows. Should I be worried?
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 8:58pm
not if the car is driving fine , inform the dealer though just in case to get his opinion
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 9:04pm
Ecce.is that the warning triangle?

Does this not come on if traction control kicks in? Are the roads snowy/icy?

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 9:09pm
txs CF and Fee, still new to the 'feel' of the car but its not always come on when the traction control would/might kick in and has happened on dry road. will pay more attention to when it comes on and mail the dealer if it persists.
Becky264 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Just another Sheep BAHHHH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 9:11pm
Mine does this too Ecce i just ignore it and carry on lol! if you work out what it is let me know please :)
Hope the car is all good for ya
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 9:19pm
lol, will mention your post to the dealer if things do go FUBAR ;)

and, from the manual... "The master Warning Light light is displayed when ANY warning message is displayed"

Yes thanks Becky, am loving it but still getting nose bleeds cos its so much higher than the Roadster ;)
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 9:38pm
I wonder if it could be anything on your seat? Perhaps just weighing enough to set off your seatbelt light without the beep?.

It is a puzzle for both of you. I cant say I have noticed this in mine...

Fee x

And before you say anything.. no I dont mean your bum....

Edited by Fee - 04áDecá2011 at 9:38pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

And before you say anything.. no I dont mean your bum....

no need to say anything now ;)

and I do throw my jacket on the back seets but its intermittent. The manual seems to say that an outside temp warning will set it off so am no longer all that worried :) Am off to greenock Wednesday and will try to do a 1 week report on the QQ if I make the last ferry home (damn Winter timetable)
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Ecce Signum Ecce Signum wrote:

Am guessing its nothing but the Master Warning Lamp (right of the rev counter) will intermittently come on whilst driving. Had a quick flick through the manual but couldn't find more details other than it (apparently) comes on with other 'warnings'? A couple of times I've noticed it come on as the external temp drops or when the change gear indicator shows. Should I be worried?
Mine did the same when it was new. It came on when I was going to see Mr Fishin when He was going to do my car

Now it takes quite a while to go out at start up even after every thing, like phone USB stick etc has been checked. Told the dealer and he said a majority the facelift cars do it and not to worry

Also they put there fault machine/Laptop on it and all was saying ok
Tovarish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tovarish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 10:13pm
mine does this at start up and stays on for a while, but i've put it down to the booster seat in the back as i can see no other reason
White 2014 Qashqai 1.2 Acenta
Grey 2014 Juke 1.5dci Tekna
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Tovarish Tovarish wrote:

mine does this at start up and stays on for a while, but i've put it down to the booster seat in the back as i can see no other reason

Thats what its supposed to do, I preume its running a dignostic check then goes off if all ok, as you say it is on quite  whileThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 10:23pm
yep. After start up it stays on for about 1 minute then goes off.... that said, i havent had it come on again whilst driving, that is unless the fuel gauge warning light comes on. Then it'll stay on constantly.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 10:24pm
Same here, never seen it on again after initial start up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2011 at 11:00pm
Mine came on this morning along with the Low Outside Temperature on the display.

Never normally comes on though, other than at start up.
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áDecá2011 at 6:55pm
it was terribly cold this morning but my warning triangle did not come on apart from the intial diagnostic check.

I really dont kow what this would be Ecce

Fee x
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áDecá2011 at 10:54pm
txs Fee :) looks like our drive to Greenock on Wednesday might get delayed due to the weather - was hoping to have a decent run to check things out but looks like it will be another time now.
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
Becky264 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2011 at 10:39am
Mine came on again last night but only because it warned me it was chuffing freeeeezing outside! and also that the car was skidding all over the place as i was attempting to drive up a nice curvy road full of snow lol!

I must say the car is sh*t in snow going uphill! it didnt want to budge, even with winter tyres on! going downhill was fine the grip on the tyres was brill but uphill was a no go!!

the car struggles uphill anyways without snow on roads anyone else noticed this or is it just mine?
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2011 at 11:21am
Not come to any snow yet but will find out soon !!hopefully on Xmas Day....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2011 at 11:45am
I thought the QQ handled fine bOth today and yesterday , like you on winter tyres. Mind you it's more icy slush here.

Only lightly slid once going round an icy corner. Is your ESP on Or off?? Mine is on but I don t think the weather here is as bad as yours.

Mines a diesel , think someone says that diesels perform better in the snow than petrol. Don't know if this is correct or not??!!

Good luck. Fee x
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2011 at 12:09pm
yes it does fee , low torque on diesels is better for grip 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Becky264 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2011 at 12:15pm
I have no idea if my esp is on fee i wouldnt even know where to look hehe!!

Aff there is non near me, me and my friend went for a drive to hunt some down LOL he said he got stuck in it and i didnt believe him as i had seen no snow so we went to test my car out in it! it was only a light covering on the road, im hoping it will peform better with thicker snow.
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 3:50pm
450 miles on the clock and it is happening to me also. The light remains on for about 20 seconds after starting the engine and also flashed on for blip of a second while on the motorway this morning. it seemed to come on when the Change gear up/down light appered.

Anyway, reading the posts, it seems there is no real reason for it. Everything else appears to be ok.
Nightshade 59 N-tec 1.6L Petrol (09/09-11/12)
Black 62 N-tec+ 1.5dci (11/12-??/??)
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 3:56pm
Could the temperature guage have gone down just for a second to 3 degrees. thats usually when the low temp indicator comes on too?

fee
18days View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 18days Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 4:05pm
Yes, that's quite likely fee.
It did drop from 4c to 1c on the way to work this morning. Maybe that was the reason.
Nightshade 59 N-tec 1.6L Petrol (09/09-11/12)
Black 62 N-tec+ 1.5dci (11/12-??/??)
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 5:05pm
mine comes on when first started select mpg on steering wheel button and it should go out asked dealer about it he said it was a useless light but should not come on when driving that makes it not a useless light in my opinion
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
chengi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chengi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 5:13pm
This is interesting. 
Mine stays on for about five second when first start in the morning. If the car is warm, it will stay on for may be a couple of seconds. There is usually no one in the back of the car. It seems to stay on same amount of time regards of external temperature.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 5:18pm
our warning light stays on permanently unless I plug in the rear seatbelt as there is a fault in the rear seatbelt sensor, other than that it only comes on if another warning light appears in the car.. it comes on here regularly with the low external temp and also comes on daily each tme engine is switched on until all diagnostic checks are complete.
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 5:47pm
warning light on ours comes on at start up ,stays on for about 250 metres of travel then goes out and all other functions are normal .Then it only comes on if a door not closed etc.
Been like that from new .I cant remember if it was that way on previous qq.
good luck.
white renault kadjar , 1.5d. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!! now Nissan hasbeen 2,
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2012 at 5:50pm
Strange, neither can I sadsod... We must be getting old and dithery!!!
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áNová2012 at 9:42am
LOLThumbs UpBroken Heart
white renault kadjar , 1.5d. As Fee puts it- Qashqai hasbeen!!!! now Nissan hasbeen 2,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic