UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Memory seats have a mind of their own

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Memory seats have a mind of their own
    Posted: 15áSepá2018 at 7:52am
Just had first service. I never set the memory on the seats and now they have decided to slide back maybe 4 or 5 inches when I switch off and open the door, then forward again when I start up. Bit disconcerting TBH. So I actually read the manual on how to set the seats and mirrors how I want them and save it. No change.

I wondered if they have done some software update that has changed this, as they have wiped a lot of the car's memory on the centre dash display - car colour (easy fix) and best mpg (believe me it reached 56)

Anyone know about the seats though?

Edited by G5 BOY - 15áSepá2018 at 7:53am
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tony Hallam View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Hallam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2018 at 6:52pm
Not sure as I dont have this feature but maybee it moves back to make it easier to get in and out  and moves back to the set memory set position when driving
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2018 at 8:14pm
Thatĺs exactly what it does, but why does it do it now - after the service - when it never did it before?

They say they just updated the satnav, but it seems a more comprehensive revision than that.

Anyone with a Tekna + any idea?
Nick99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2018 at 8:51pm
My Tekna+ is having it's first service on 1st October. It will be interesting to see if mine does the same.

Edited by Nick99 - 16áSepá2018 at 8:52pm
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2018 at 9:58am
Hi Nick

Westover ????

Let us know after they've done their worst.

My 'satnav update' caused the central display to have its memory wiped (car colour on display back to grey and best mpg gone) - no biggie, just annoying - plus the seat thingy, which I can live with but when you park and open the door it fells like the car is rolling back, when it's just the seat LOL.  Now, I know I've got a 'tummy' but I don't yet need an allowance for it when I get in and out Pig.

Going to explore the manual and see if that's a setting I can tamper with...........................

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2018 at 10:14am
..................OK - sorted.

I've actually read the entire section in the manual Sleepy and it is part of the ENTRY/EXIT FUNCTION (Automatic Transmission Vehicle only) - lucky me Tongue.  If I go into the central display settings there is a subsection in Driver Position (I think it was) called EXIT SEAT SLIDE.  Untick box and all fixed.

Still don't know how it got ticked anyway, but there ya go.

Every day is a day at school...!!

Nick99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Hi Nick
Westover ????

Yes. I've never had any dealings with them before. Should I be afraid or very afraid?       
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2018 at 11:13am
Nah - I guess they're no different to any other.

I have bought 3 Qashqais from them and they have serviced all 5 of mine.

renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2018 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Hi Nick

Westover ????

My 'satnav update' caused the central display to have its memory wiped (car colour on display back to grey and best mpg gone) - 

obviousley put the best colour on screen,just to show you what you are missingBig smile
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic